ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232409 times)

He contemplates his next words carefully.

"Don't worry, I regret saying that now... I-" Jaakko is at a loss for words, and fidgets with his helmet as he searches for new ones.

There is a pause for a few moments.

"It's- hard to tell myself not to feel bad after everything that happened just this morning..." he admits in a beaten tone, "Guess we did the best we could, having to face a full-strength squadron or two with only seven aircraft..."

His voice dies out towards the end of the sentence. In his mind he scolds himself for acting like a spineless leader already.

Gus takes full advantage of the gym's unique benefits; being left completely alone and looking as though he has a purpose. The routine there is comforting in a strange way. It helps distract him and keeps his mind from wandering.

A local points him towards temporary lodgings. Hours at the gym wore him out to the bone, but despite that, Gus cannot fall asleep. The days events play themselves out, forwards and backwards, quickly and slowly, behind his eyelids.

It is now the next morning. Everyone in Mjolnir has had some rest and some of them are eating breakfast when someone comes running in shouting about how the Huitzitlaotani Emperor has officially announced intent to surrender to the GTO. Someone else turns on a TV set and sure enough, the first thing on it a live broadcast of the Emperor's speech. Untranslated, of course. Regardless, everyone else present starts cheering, the Aesthians clapping as well.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 02:55:32 PM by Qwepir »

Jaakko joins in the cheering, momentarily forgetting yesterday's events. He looks extremely tired, but is filled with energy by the great news.

Ellie joins the celebrations for a couple seconds before leaving to go look at her Fulcrum.

"Gods, there's no way this is true."

"Gods, there's no way this is true."
it is, in fact, true. the head of the huitzitlaotani government is on the telly right now, throwing in the towel.

It seems disrespectful to leave this country now, after everything that's happened. To leave after what we've given here, to forget it and move on.

Gus watches the news silently with the rest of Mjolnir. Some laughed, some clapped, some cried. Some remained silent, mostly those from the airbase. Some, like him, looked around the room at others. When their eyes met, they exchanged a small nod or a blink. Without saying anything, they all knew. Men and women from all variety of backgrounds and experiences, different nations, cultures and languages, communicated feelings beyond words with the simplest of gestures.

Did Geary know he'd be a national, no, multi-national hero? That he'd be the final nail in the coffin to end the war on this front? The hammer blow that felled the Deltan champion of the sky?

Gus shakes his head to himself.

No. Geary was an ordinary man made extraordinary by extraordinary sacrifice. He died doing his duty, and like all heroes, for the guy next to him. Something I'm sure we'd all like to say we would do.

wow just as i wanted to join the thread basically ends rip

look at all those other countries that need to conquered liberated

the thread is not over
aesthia still needs to be liberated, and then there's the planned continental invasion of the imperium

"Do you think the death of the Sky Marshal had a lot to do with this?" Jaakko questions the table.

"I guess I'm going back, huh?"

Ellie stops looking at her plane and heads back to look for the de-facto squad leader of Mjolnir.