ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232142 times)

doesnt fit their theme, too american

Also: Going forward, plane mastery will be granted at 1 point per mission as opposed to 2. Any points you currently have were not reduced, and we also went through and added up all the missing points from missions that took place before this addition (at the rate of 1 per mission). Currently, Gus is the acest pilot with +7 to flying the PAK FA, followed closely by Roger, with +6 to the F16XL. Since showing all the individual plane bonuses would make the spreadsheet pretty cluttered, they're now in the little mouseover notes for your character's "plane mastery" cell.

Lorens stands back up and returns the handshake. "I look forward to flying with you, sir." He looks back down at Jalko and Talko. "I take it the dogs are yours? Where'd you get them?"
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 06:25:58 PM by NoZoner »

"They're 'mine' kind of, I take care of them and train them," he says, "though the squadron does stuff with them,"

Jaakko shifts his gaze to Jalko who is leaning against Jaakko and forcing him aside.

"Found them on an airbase in Tocatlan, Talko was caught in the concertina wire outside the base,"

Surprise colors Lorens' face. "The Delta, huh? That explains why I've never seen their kind before. Did you have to coax anybody into letting you keep them?"

"They made one of our friends uncomfortable, in fact, she almost shot them," Jaakko says.

The memory stings a little.

"They made one of our friends uncomfortable, in fact, she almost shot them," Jaakko says.

The memory stings a little.

my only regret is that i didnt
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 08:55:58 PM by Qwepir »

i saved her final sprite for all eternity just in case you don't

"Seriously? That's pretty scary. I hope things improved between her and the dogs since then." Lorens looks down at the dogs again. Though, if that's really all anyone had to say or do, then there probably aren't any rules saying we can't keep pets. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. You hear stories like his everywhere in the armed forces.

"Yeah..."

Gus takes a quick breath, eyeing Jaakko for a splint second before beginning again.

"Well, it was nice to meet you two. If you'll excuse me, I'd like to get back."

With that, he turns and walks back to the heavy bag, continuing the barrage.

Jaakko approaches Lorens, moving the dog out of the way.

"Excuse us, we're all a bit uneasy I suppose. We- uh, lost a lot of those who were close to us in the closing hours of the Deltan theater," he says awkwardly.

He pauses.

"That includes our dog-fearing friend,"

"Uh- don't feel bad, it's just the business we're in..." his voice trails off.

Jaakko manages only a brief sorrowful glance in to the eyes of the pilot in front of him, otherwise he seems to force his gaze towards the dogs who flank either of the two men.

"You have a good head aboutch'ya, I think, some day you'll hear the stories, just not today," he whispers.

thread music

Everyone gathers around the television in the break room to watch the special news story currently unfolding. Dimensional rifts are reported opening across the globe by the thousand, out of which are emerging yet more UFOs similar to the one that ate "Arin". What sets these ones apart (other than their increased size) is that while "Arin"'s assailant was on a mission of abduction (if it even was on a mission), the new arrivals are following a clear-cut plan of annihilation. Major metropolitan centers and areas of notable military buildup are targeted in the first wave of the assault, and millions are killed before news even reaches the major outlets. The nations of Reliquary put aside their differences and call off the war to form a united front against the invaders, and everyone dies in a heap. The planet is entirely overrun within a month, with the survivors assimilated into the invading army after being warped and modified beyond recognition. By the time the Aliens leave, Reliquary is left a barren rock; all life, all history, all trace that civilization even existed there, stripped away.

Onboard a biological warship, alien troops are being amassed for inspection by their overlord. Among them, a former human pilot trying desperately to remember his name. Several times, he thinks he can almost hear it echo in the back of his mind, but the unintelligible shriek signifying a call to attention sets his thoughts solely on the task of passing inspection. From one of the cargo orifices, and flanked by a pair of slavering horrors, emerges a young woman in a very out of place dress uniform. She walks along the ranks of mutants, making sure everything is up to code, when she suddenly stops in front of the ex-human. A sense of panic washes over him as she closely scrutinizes his presentation, working its way up to sheer terror as she glares right into his three eyes.
: WALT.

Meanwhile in the briefing room at Valhalla, the real Lieutenant Ashford nearly falls out of his chair as his commanding officer looms over him.
: Were you sleeping? Now I have to start all over!

Bell walks back to the front of the room, where she was previously giving her briefing, and takes a sip of water before restarting her speech.
: As I was saying, some Huits either ignored the memo to come home, or they burned it. Either way, we've got a problem with renegade Deltans pillaging and burning everything around their bases of operation. Under normal circumstances, we'd simply let them throw their tantrum and sweep in to clean up once they've burned themselves out, but under normal circumstances there wouldn't be Deltan FOBs in Aesthian territory. We need to move in fast and wipe these suckers out before they kill any more of our people and destroy our infrastructure. Today, we'll be hitting their base here, near Stavanger. Medium density metropolis. Nice churches. Go Cyclones. Et cetera.

She brings up a map on the screen and points to the marked area.
: This base is on the front lines of the EP incursion originating from the south, and would be a rather risky target if the base commander hadn't pissed off his former allies to the point where he's trading blows with them as well. Making matters worse for him, the Empire wants his rampage stopped just as much as we do, and have sent a token force of their own to either take him out or bring him in. Personally, I don't think either side cares about bringing him in as much as taking him out; and I doubt the Huits, the "good" Huits, anyway, will lose any sleep if he dies.

The screen changes to a higher magnification image of the Renegade base.
: Your objective will be to take out enemy aircraft to allow for ground forces to move in and capture the base. These folks are cut off from home and aren't receiving any supplies or reinforcements, so they won't be coming for you at full strength, but don't assume that this will make them easier to beat. Anyone have any questions, or do I need to start from the beginning again?

loadout done [f]

Berkut is freed up for Markus

i'll take it, gonna get my loadout done in a lil bit