Author Topic: Clientsided Chat Logger -Updated 9:00AM 2/3/2015-  (Read 2378 times)

Disclaimer: I know that there is probably one laying around in the forums as well. I do have one in my Add-Ons folder made by Curse but for some reason, it doesn't work so I went ahead and made my own.

My 1st ever client add-on that isn't a spammy chatbot! :D

Logs every chat sent by any player (And via code as well) in a .txt file found in "Config/Client/Chatlogs". The name of the file is the date logged. In the file, you will find the chat logs like so:

Code: [Select]
--------------------------------
[20:53:39] Entering a new server.
[20:53:40] Welcome to Speedkart by Tezuni.com  Join us on teamspeak! ts3.tezuni.com
[20:53:40] BLACKLIST banned Pie Crust (ID:27690) for -1 minutes [BLACKLISTED]
[21:08:18] Entering a new server.
[21:08:18] Welcome to Blockland Pie Crust.
[21:08:18] Your country has been detected as AR. Your flag has been set appropriately!
[21:08:21] [9:08pm]Adam487meep: also gold on the ceiling >:
Note: the 9:08PM shows up because I have a separate add-on that shows the current time.

Big massive download link so you cannot complain that you can't find it. Download here!

Rate, comment, h8, suggest away.

-Updated 9:00AM 2/3/2015-

Changelog:
2/3/2015:
-Fixed an issue when being kicked/banned from the server. Added some error checking to fix this problem.
-Improved the stuffty format in the OP. :3

Hotfix:
-Added that damned ; that I forgot.

Hotfix 2:
-Fixed the extra } lol
-Improved the stuffty format in the code before you coders look at it and flame. :3

Update 4:
-Skipped number 3 because I learned to count with Valve.
-Added comments for someone wanting to know how this works and with little to no experience with torque. It looks beautiful!

1/3/2015:
-Improved the stuffty format in the logs. :3

Special thanks to Miroberts290 for helping me test the patch. :D
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 07:38:46 AM by Pie Crust »

this is going to be useful for dramas etc

Man that formatting is absolutely terrible. Add a stripMLControlChars to the name and clan tags, and make sure there isn't a space after the first [.

Updated.

Testing the update, I noticed that I am now blacklisted from Tezuni's servers. lol
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 02:36:27 PM by Pie Crust »

Updated.

Testing the update, I noticed that I am now blacklisted from Tezuni's servers. lol
fight the power