Author Topic: Loading Offset + ModTer Problem  (Read 3009 times)

If I want to load bricks with an offset, do I set the global variable before the load or is it an argument in the loadbricks function?

I've noticed with Modter bricks that, when I put a wedged brick (Ex, Corner A), the modter base below it turns invisible when it's painted with a solid color and revisible when painted with a transparent color. Is there a way around this?

If I want to load bricks with an offset, do I set the global variable before the load or is it an argument in the loadbricks function?
Just set $LoadOffset = "0 0 0"; before you load the bricks.

The offset is relative to what? The position of each brick relative to the global 0,0,0?

The offset is relative to what? The position of each brick relative to the global 0,0,0?

The offset is relative to the position the brick was in when you made the save. If a brick is at 5 2 10 and $loadOffset = "-5 10 0";, then the brick will be loaded at 0 12 10.

(at least i assume so)

Yes. All positions are relative to global 0 0 0. The offset will be added to the position of every brick, moving them that distance from 0 0 0.

It's worth noting that the offset is in Torque Units, so if you want to move it by bricks you'll have to divide the first two values by two and divide the last value by 5.

So if I want it to move, say, 4 studs X, 5 studs Y and 3 plates Z, I'd have to put:
$LoadOffset = "8 10 15";
?

So if I want it to move, say, 4 studs X, 5 studs Y and 3 plates Z, I'd have to put:
$LoadOffset = "8 10 15";
?
No,
$LoadOffset = "2 2.5 0.6"
Divide the amount of studs you want it to move by 2, then for Z each plate is 0.2 high.

$LoadOffset = "8 10 15";
?
Divide != Multiply.

$LoadOffset = "8 10 15";
?

if you want to move it by bricks you'll have to divide the first two values by two and divide the last value by 5.

So:

4/2, 5/2, 3/5

is

2, 2.5. 0.6

So $LoadOffset = "2 2.5 0.6";

I thought that you had to divide the torque value to get the brick value. Ok, good to know.