Author Topic: AirSwimmer - Flying Without Jets  (Read 4126 times)

I made these a while ago.
The idea was to make a floating system, to simulate entering and leaving a space station.  It worked, but wasn't very easy to use.  So I adapted it to serve as a replacement for auto-jets.  For building.

Script_AirSwimmer_Buildmode
Creates a small, zero gravity water zone around the player, and a smaller trigger zone as well.  Leaving the trigger zone moves both zones to the player's new position.

Slash Commands
/StartFlight - Start flying.
/StopFlight - Stop flying.
/toggleflight - Toggle flight on or off.
/tasclient - Admin/Host Only.  Toggles whether clients can start or stop flying.
/tasadmin - Host Only. Toggles whether admins can start or stop flying.  Also toggles whether or not admins can toggle client flight.

Client_AirSwimmer_Buildmode
Adds keybinds in the controls section for /startflight, /stopflight, and /toggleflight.
Only works on servers with Script_AirSwimmer_Buildmode enabled.
Or, I guess some other mod that uses /startflight, /stopflight, or /toggleflight.

and a smaller trigger zone as well.  Leaving the trigger zone moves both zones to the player's new position.

That's actually a really smart way of doing this.. Much better than a loop which moves it every 500ms or so.

That's actually a really smart way of doing this.. Much better than a loop which moves it every 500ms or so.
It's pretty much the same thing though. Triggers work by checking what they have in them every tick(the tick time is defined in the trigger's datablock).

It's pretty much the same thing though. Triggers work by checking what they have in them every tick(the tick time is defined in the trigger's datablock).

Yes, but that tick doesn't run in TorqueScript

this is awesome and deserves more attention