Author Topic: TotalRPG - Full featured RPG event system (HUD Extension support)  (Read 36363 times)

Ahh, NOW I get it! So I could even use the Food Items (By someone...) and then add THEM!

Probably.

It appears that $pref::server::TotalRPG::preferredNotificationMode does not change where the currency messages output to. Although, I would much rather appreciate a message on the bottom print HUD, displaying something like "Item/Currency/KeyItem + #" for X amount of seconds after being received.

For context: If I wanted players to receive a small amount of currency (but rapidly) it spams the chat. Although making the pref effect the currency as well as RPG items would be nice, it would interfere with the center print ammo that the weapons I'm using create... So a bottom print would be ideal as an addition to the HUD.

Edit: Another thing, when you receive an item that starts with a vowel, it should say "an" not "a". Something else that could be fixed with just "Item +1" on the HUD.

Edit2: Similarly, if you had your currency as something like Dollars, when you receive 1 it would say "1 Dollars". Perhaps an option to add an 's' onto the currency name for quantities bigger than 1 or just the "Item +1" HUD thing.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 12:32:21 AM by Flaronix »

Edit: Another thing, when you receive an item that starts with a vowel, it should say "an" not "a". Something else that could be fixed with just "Item +1" on the HUD.

Edit2: Similarly, if you had your currency as something like Dollars, when you receive 1 it would say "1 Dollars". Perhaps an option to add an 's' onto the currency name for quantities bigger than 1 or just the "Item +1" HUD thing.
It should actually say "You got a(n) item" or whatever. @Edit2: Again, "You got 1 Dollar(s)" / "Gold Piece(s)".

It should actually say "You got a(n) item" or whatever. @Edit2: Again, "You got 1 Dollar(s)" / "Gold Piece(s)".

Hmm, weird.. It doesn't seem to do that for me...

Hmm, weird.. It doesn't seem to do that for me...
No, I'm not saying it does, I'm saying it should, as opposed to your idea of what it should do. I mean, it's not bad, but (I think) it'll be quite complicated.

No, I'm not saying it does, I'm saying it should, as opposed to your idea of what it should do. I mean, it's not bad, but (I think) it'll be quite complicated.

Ah, okay. I see what you were saying. And yeah that would be fine but I still would prefer text on the HUD. That's just my preference, though.

Ah, okay. I see what you were saying. And yeah that would be fine but I still would prefer text on the HUD. That's just my preference, though.
I would, too (I think).

I actually can fix those pretty easily. I just need to get around to working on this again. An update may happen within a week.

Excuse my ignorance but how do I change the money pref.

Excuse my ignorance but how do I change the money pref.
In console
$pref::server::TotalRPG::currencyName = "Money";

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1se_nL8pEU

I think I evented something wrong...
Hey, more money for you  :cookieMonster:
On topic: This has really helped me make something that I wouldn't normally make without having to do a forgetton of VCE and relay events. Thank you for making this!

Hey, does anyone have Event_Prompt handy? I can't find a non-RTB link.

This is really good, I am using it for a Fallout RPG server, and people are loving it!