Pass or Fail - Chapter 2: Die Führer, Die!

Author Topic: Pass or Fail - Chapter 2: Die Führer, Die!  (Read 15694 times)

(or how I died from dice)

This is a game about luck and dice. I set up a scenario, you attempt to solve the problems and finish objectives within it. All successes or failures are determined by a roll of a d10 and a percentile. Any fatal damage you take will set up a death roll, which will be determined by a d8.

Action Rolls

<=9: Critical Failure: You definitely fail the action and it will cause something horrible to happen in turn. Damage will more than likely be done.
10 - 29: Failure: You failed, but not so badly, still bad though. You may take damage to yourself or break something.
30 - 49: Slight Failure: Action fails, don't do anything.
50 - 69: Slight Success: Action succeeds, but not much happens.
70 - 89: Success: Action succeeds, works to the fullest extent.
>=90: Critical Success: Action succeeds, in fact it's doubly effective and brings a bonus to you.

Death Roll

1 or 8: Whoops, you died. Either wait for a revive or the next scenario.
2, 3, 6, 7: Yay, you aren't bleeding out, now get back to rollin.
4 or 5: Still in bleedout. Not dead, but paralyzed.

Morale check

When scared, you will roll a d8 much like the death roll, only instead of dying, you flee. There is no inbetweens, you either get scared or don't.

1, 4, 5 or 8 - Fleeing
2, 3, 6 or 7 - Not Fleeing

Benevolence Gods

The gods of benevolence will smile apon you in times of chaos. If you all manage to roll failures during a turn, the benevolence gods will roll to see if they can help you. Their rolls follow like yours.

Chaos Gods

The gods of chaos will become involved when everyone succeeds in their rolls. They will try to screw you up as much as possible. Their rolls work in opposite to yours. Fail for you is a success for them, etc.

Boss Battle

Occassionally a boss battle may be triggered, whether it's apart of the scenario or a chaos roll. Their rolls work like the chaos gods rolls do.

Current Players:

hodototman (Final Walrus) - Alive, badly wounded
Legodude77 - Alive
The GI of MA - Alive
The Resonte! - Alive
tber123 - Alive
Tumbleweed - Dying
hodot - Alive
Cybertails 1998 - Alive
Biohazard - Alive
Zoltan - Alive
Lego Lad - Alive
Rigel - Alive
Superstarxalien169 - Alive
ButlerBlockhead125 - Alive
Cheezballer - Alive
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 08:05:14 PM by Kochieboy »

I want to join in on this

I want to join as well please.

Let us begin our story in the most beautiful place in the world... a prision. Sarcasm aside, our brave heroes have been locked up for some reason. You are all locked in different cells and the gaurd is making his rounds through the area. It's a bit damp and dark, like a prison should. What shall our heroes do?

sounds fun count me in unless its too late

try to grab guard and knock him out

sounds fun count me in unless its too late

Sure

Another prisoner is thrown into a cell.

YOULL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE
oh wait hi i'll join

i try to hang onto the ceiling so that, in the dark prison, it would appear to the guard as if i had vanished from my cell

I get the guard's attention and try pick pocketing him also distracting him from the others.

Actions!

GI: Rolls a 77! He grabs a patrolling gaurd and knocks him out.
Resonte: Rolls a 16! You jump and hit your head, giving you a concussion.
Legodude77: Rolls a 82! A guard centers his attention onto you, he tells you to shut up. But in his anger, you pickpocket him, getting your cell keys.

Resonte: Rolls a 16! You jump and hit your head, giving you a concussion.
aw damn it