Poll

What is the fate of the "Community Projects Board"?

Merge with off-topic
39 (7.7%)
Merge with creativity
67 (13.2%)
Change to content threads/forum games
281 (55.5%)
Leave it like it is
85 (16.8%)
Delete board
34 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 506

Author Topic: POLL: Merge this board with another?  (Read 73626 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
I don't remember exactly why I made this board.  It appears to have drifted into forum game type threads rather than art projects.  Is that enough to sustain a board?  I am leaning towards merging this board with off-topic.  

Keep in mind that it's not all about perfect sorting and organization - finely subdivided forums die because there isn't enough traffic to make browsing interesting.  It looks like this board takes 3 or 4 days to refresh the front page and I think that is too long.  
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 02:52:51 PM by Badspot »

yeah it basically is all about forum games so a name change might be in order
i could see merging it with creativity as a good idea but creativity is kindof already its own thing
also i probably should have voted for merge with offtopic as that is probably the best idea since there are forum games here and there.

wait are you saying this board was originally meant for something OTHER than forum games?

anyway, seems like its original purpose is now largely mantained by the Creativity board. maybe rename this to 'Forum Games' and rename 'Creativity' to 'Projects'

This board moves way too slow for my liking. There's a distinct "community projects crowd" who are pretty much the only ones posting here.

Imo, a merge with creativity could work, seeing as how most of the things happening on here heavily involve drawings, screenshots, maps, and roleplay. If not that, renaming the board to Forum Games or what have you could peak interest for a short time and liven the place up a little while still being more descriptive and specific.

Badspot

• Administrator
I would really like to merge something because I don't think there's enough content for 4 off-topic boards.  I'm also having trouble distinguishing the content of the different boards.  There are many forum game type threads in off-topic and I don't really want to fish through and sort all those out. 

Things like "Word association" are clearly just off-topic spam, but the various "You decide what happens next and i make it" type threads are creativity.  Perhaps merge the board with off-topic, then rescue move certain active threads to creativity? 

that sounds like a fairly good idea yeah

plus good forum adventures are few, far between and usually die fast, so this board IS kinna dead a lot of the time

Things like "Word association" are clearly just off-topic spam, but the various "You decide what happens next and i make it" type threads are creativity.  Perhaps merge the board with off-topic, then rescue move certain active threads to creativity? 
i like this idea
plus i want to change my vote, is there anyway i can do that?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 04:13:49 AM by The GI of MA »

i like this idea
plus i want to change my vote, is there anyway i can do that?

sadly there is not
id kinda like to change mine too

I would really like to merge something because I don't think there's enough content for 4 off-topic boards.  I'm also having trouble distinguishing the content of the different boards.  There are many forum game type threads in off-topic and I don't really want to fish through and sort all those out.  
I think there's enough content, the issue just being how it's divided. Community Projects is really vague as a category, but narrowing it down would make it even less active. On the other hand, if you had a magic algorithm to separate out all the threads in Off Topic with people talking about their personal lives, it'd probably be a pretty huge portion of the board. Could even call it "Blogland Forums."

While you're on the subject of trimming the boards down, consider taking a headsman's axe to AoT Clan Discussion. AoT general has had some spam issues lately but at least gets a topic about the game every once in a while. AoT's clan discussion, however, hasn't ever had any topic worth reading and probably never will. All it does is serve as another lawless spam hub and sometimes cause people to mistake it for Blockland's clan discussion and post their thread in the wrong place.

I think it would be best if it were merged with creativity since both sections are half alive and have similar communities
Just moving it all to off-topic might ruin the little community here while merging with creativity would keep it somewhat relaxed and sort of like it is now without smashing the whole group that stays in community projects

I'd also be fine with community projects being renamed "forum games" or something similar and have all the games from off-topic being moved here
and everyone knows bisjac would love that
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 04:38:04 AM by Nonnel »

/Leave it as it is

I like the idea of merging this with off-topic. Any threads that really don't belong there can be moved elsewhere on an as-needed basis.

change to content threads/forum games or move to off-topic both sound good

merging it with creativity sounds like a bad idea imo because that board is full of art threads and other stuff that regularly updates. i think forum games need to stay in one section so that they don't push down other threads

man id hate to see this go but that's personal experience. id give it a name change though, being abbreviated to 'CP' and all...