§imple-$erver-Curren¢y v.2.6 *

Author Topic: §imple-$erver-Curren¢y v.2.6 *  (Read 18362 times)

Do the events not perform if the player does not have enough currency?
If you have 10 cash and you do the events to minus 20 cash you will end up with 0 cash, not -10. Cash cannot be less than 0.

Using this in addition to VCE is the best option for making shops and such (so you can test for <var:cl:Cash>)

Hey, I've installed this addon and everything, and I'm trying to use the advanced VCE events that I'm supposedly able to use with this, like the "Testing for cash with VCE_ifValue, using <var:cl:Cash>". However this is not listed under my events list like it is shown in your screenshot. I have http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=214948.0 installed, is this not the correct VCE?

Hey, I've installed this addon and everything, and I'm trying to use the advanced VCE events that I'm supposedly able to use with this, like the "Testing for cash with VCE_ifValue, using <var:cl:Cash>". However this is not listed under my events list like it is shown in your screenshot. I have http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=214948.0 installed, is this not the correct VCE?
That is not the correct VCE, that is an extension for VCE that provides other values. Please use the correct VCE found here http://brickmania.findtalk.biz/t1142-vce-variable-and-conditional-events. Let me know if you have any other issues

That is not the correct VCE, that is an extension for VCE that provides other values. Please use the correct VCE found here http://brickmania.findtalk.biz/t1142-vce-variable-and-conditional-events. Let me know if you have any other issues
Ok thanks! Yeah that fixed it. Also thanks to Queeba for the mediafire link.

Thanks Queeba, forgot about the link blockage bs
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 08:53:58 PM by Goth77 »

Bump. Dis needs more popularity. <3

Could you add a /clearmoney command?

Updates

Simple Server Currency has been updated to 2.4
Code: (Server Currency Changelog) [Select]
//--+ v.2.0-Public release. Suggestion by Mister Cheese ID 16673 to add option for shape name display +--//
//--+ v.2.1-Amplified wallet sound since people couldn't hear it--//
//--+ v.2.2-Added option to toggle shape name display. +--//
//--+ v.2.3-Clear cash command added. Suggested by user Pwnfulz ID 33751 +--//
//--+ v.2.4-Better message colors. Coinage is added!

Server Coinage has been added! This mod is totally independent from the Simple Server Currency Mod, however if you do use both at once, server coinage is automatically converted to server currency. Use them together or separate, whichever you prefer!

It also has a "personal" changelog if anyone's interested, lol.
Code: (Coinage Changelog") [Select]
//--+ v.1.1-Implementation of basic code and models +--//
//--+ v.1.2-Gems removed +--//

See OP for more pics, details, etc. Beta testers have been added to the OP also.
Thanks for your suggestions and support everyone :)

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 11:33:45 PM by Goth77 »

Apparently someone was complaining about the cash mod "crashing servers"

Let me explain something real quick here:
First off, every computer has it's CPU and GPU limits so of course you can only have as much cash lying around as your computer can handle. If you have a stuff computer you probably won't be able to have tons of cash laying all over the damn place and not expect a performance decrease. Deo and I were able to spawn a rather large sum of cash spam around the map before performance began to get choppy and unbearable. Why any server would have this much cash just laying around is beyond me anyways O.o

And remember, there is a /clearCash command for a reason. If someone starts spamming cash items
(which is actually your fault for not restricting events as suggested in the OP)
You can easily clear all server cash, find the culprit, and ban them.

I highly suggest using restricted events to prevent this in the first place.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:57:19 PM by Goth77 »

You should still take measures to prevent this from happening. For example, preventing people from just spawning the money like that. If that's not an option, then making it so that each player can only spawn say, 100 cash items. That way the server won't crash, and people can still have any reasonable amount of bills active.

make it so that each player can only spawn say, 100 cash items. That way the server won't crash, and people can still have any reasonable amount of bills active.
This wouldn't work. Any cash spawned is considered "public" and does not belong to any individual player. Setting a "cash spawn limit" per client is virtually impossible without compromising this system, not to mention keeping track of every cash drop in the server. The main reason why cash drops don't disappear over time is because I felt persistent drops are more "real" in the sense that someone could get lucky enough to find some random cash laying around the server that someone dropped earlier

You should still take measures to prevent this from happening.
Even though it's surely more proficient and in much better interest to get restricted events
(not just for this mod, but for other event mods as well); I guess I can compromise.

In the next update I will add an option for cash drop decay time.
Setting this value to 0 will make cash drops persistent as it is now.

After Reinstalling the correct VCE , It's still not showing up when I load up the Currency System.

After Reinstalling the correct VCE , It's still not showing up when I load up the Currency System.
Make sure you have VCE and Simple Server Currency enabled.
Launch the game, when you spawn place a brick and wrench it

Do the following events
onActivate - Client - Bottom Print - <var:cl:Cash>

It should display your cash in bottom print.
This will be the same number seen when using /checkCash

Make sure you have VCE and Simple Server Currency enabled.
Launch the game, when you spawn place a brick and wrench it

Do the following events
onActivate - Client - Bottom Print - <var:cl:Cash>

It should display your cash in bottom print.
This will be the same number seen when using /checkCash

I ment that VCE Doesn't even show up at all. The add on seems to be conflicting with the currency system.