[Colorset] NES

Author Topic: [Colorset] NES  (Read 3131 times)

My first colorset, with only colors used in the NES's palette!
For comparison,
The NES palette:

Colorset:

DOWNLOAD

ripped directly from the NTSC NES color palette
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 10:41:34 AM by K3k0m@n »

Was expecting a NES :(

Anyways, it looks good! Are there any transparents?

pretty snazzy, but why's it so disorganised?

I came.

You should organize the colorset like the palette image you posted.

Anyways, it looks good! Are there any transparents?
no, this colorset was only really meant for pixel-art
if the demand is high, I'l make some

pretty snazzy, but why's it so disorganised?
You should organize the colorset like the palette image you posted.
I'l see if I can.

Great for pixel art, thanks!

i think this was made before but regardless this still looks great.

i think this was made before but regardless this still looks great.
They had extra colors and were unaccurate, whilst this is ripped directly from the NES pallete with no added colors

*cough*

They had extra colors and were unaccurate, whilst this is ripped directly from the NES pallete with no added colors

The NES palette has many interpretations.  There's no such thing as a completely "accurate" NES palette because the way it looks depends on how your TV reads the signal.  Mine is at least arguably more aesthetically-appealing.  And yes, it's "ripped directly from the NES pallete with no added colors" too.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 09:46:32 PM by Plastiware »

There's no such thing as a completely "accurate" NES palette because the way it looks depends on how your TV reads the signal.
Or you can, y'know, use the original RGB values from the NES palette, which I'm sure is available online. That way it's completely independent of the TV.

*cough*

The NES palette has many interpretations.  There's no such thing as a completely "accurate" NES palette because the way it looks depends on how your TV reads the signal.  Mine is at least arguably more aesthetically-appealing.  And yes, it's "ripped directly from the NES pallete with no added colors" too.
I wasn't referencing to your colorset, it was an 8-bit colorset which in the description.txt, said that it was made from colors in the NES.
It had extra colors and edited colors

I wasn't aware that yours did exist, so I made this because I thought there wasn't an accurate one out there.

I wasn't referencing to your colorset, it was an 8-bit colorset which in the description.txt, said that it was made from colors in the NES.
It had extra colors and edited colors

I wasn't aware that yours did exist, so I made this because I thought there wasn't an accurate one out there.

I see.  Sorry if I came off as a bit confrontational.