Author Topic: GMO Ferret's Blockpocalypse - WIP  (Read 1882 times)

BLOCKPOCALYPSE

I've began about seven Apocalypse/Free Roam builds, and never finished a single one. But I plan on finishing Blockpocalypse.

Blockpocalypse is a remake of sord123's Zombie Apocalypse, the best server known to Blockheads. It was a large map where players fought against the Undead and others, while scavenging for armor, weapons, and medical supplies using randomized item boxes. You could also team with friends; two were better than one! However, it suddenly shut down one day, and never came back. So since then, many more have risen, though not at the quality of sord's. This one, though, will be as good or better.

Blockpocalypse will be up at times 3:10 PM-9:40 PM PST on weekdays, and who knows about weekdays, until I can get a dedicated hosting service. Anyone can help build, though that doesn't mean that your build will be put into the map. If you make a build that I enter in, you'll receive various perks when the server gets finished.

The server will be playable when the builds get finished, and I don't know when that will be. Anyone that wants to apply for Admin can do so using this rubric:

- Name?

- How long have you played Blockland?

- How often a day/week would you plan on playing the server?

- Do you have any other administrative experience?

- Pretend, for example, a player is making tribal jokes. Imagining you're an admin, what do you do?

- What makes you a worthy admin?

Once an application is made, carmel303, CherryGrenadez, ArcticWolfy and I will decide through a vote if you'll become an admin. If it's a tie, we'll add you too.

Admins:

Arcticwolfy
EV0_
(o)
CherryGrenadez
carmel303

Random Message Board full of our needs:

- We need a Hunger/Food addon that uses items.
- Dedicated hosting service? Can't find any.
- Good builders!
- N/A
- N/A
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 05:08:13 PM by GMO Ferret »

Awesome Balls!
As for your dedicated host, check out Blocknet: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=271423.0

How close are you guys to being done?

How close are you guys to being done?

Maybe about 1/4-1/2 with the main island
Once that gets finished, I'm starting the game, while we keep working on smaller island.

- Name?
- OfficerKenny
- About 3-4 years

- I'm starting to get into RP's, I think they are fun.  I will try to play as much as I can.
- Are you Admin on any other servers?

- Tezuni's servers, agent blue's servers
- Someone is making tribal jokes. Imagining you're an admin, what do you do?
- tell them to stop warning them that what they are doing is banable, if they persist, I will kick them, and if they come back and do it again, I will ban them.

Admin Application

- Name?
 The Lawyer (IGN: Lawyer)

Almost around 8 years

When I'm done with work. I'm trying to cut down on playing Blockland too extreme. But I'll probably be on regularly (if the server is up).

I have not applied nor received admin on any servers with this account.

- Someone is making tribal jokes. Imagining you're an admin, what do you do?
 Mute them if you have a mute mod enabled, which you should. tribal jokes should not be tolerated, and admins should provide the best player experience on the server. If the offender has still not learned their lesson, I will ban them.

I believe I know how to make fair decisions which may come handy to administration on your server.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 10:25:12 AM by The Lawyer »

- Name?
Sargeras - {BL_ID 41072}
Since early 2013 I believe
I could totally play on weekends for hours, but on weekdays, I could on be on about 1 hour.
TheHellSpy's servers, Bigblox's server, CheeseAndButter's Rising Lava, and possibly other unpopular/dead servers.
- Pretend, for example, a player is making tribal jokes. Imagining you're an admin, what do you do?
I would mute the player first, and if he/she keeps doing it, I will kick the user, and then ban him if the user keeps doing it after a kick
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 11:34:07 AM by Hawt »

I would warn the player first, but if he/she keeps continuing with the jokes, I would mute them because a kick or a ban would not be needed yet. However, if the user keeps making them, I would warn the user again and say that he/she may get kicked. But if the user continues to do it even after a kick, then I would ban for less than 10 minutes. Every time the user does it, the ban will increase by 5 minutes until the user can stop.

This would work, but it would be very inefficient. Why fill up the chat with bans and warnings, when a simple mute, warning, and ban would solve a problem? Each time the offender comes back and trolls, it dissolves player attitude towards the server. Making them leave. Just mute them or ban them once and get over it.

Meaning, he could come back and keep antagonizing people. He/she could still have alt accounts to come and and keep antagonizing.

This would work, but it would be very inefficient. Why fill up the chat with bans and warnings, when a simple mute, warning, and ban would solve a problem? Each time the offender comes back and trolls, it dissolves player attitude towards the server. Making them leave. Just mute them or ban them once and get over it.

Meaning, he could come back and keep antagonizing people. He/she could still have alt accounts to come and and keep antagonizing.
that makes sense

Almost around 8 years
Your BLID is 99619
explain

Application for Admin

- Name?
Juliun03 (IGN also, BL_ID is 28503)

3-4 years

4-6 days a week, 2 at the least

Nope, I do not apply much, but this seems like it will be an awesome server.

Give them a warning, then kick them if they keep being tribal. If they come back and still say some tribal jokes, then I will ban them for 1-5 minutes. If they persist after the ban, I will ban them for 30 minutes - 1 hour.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 05:49:12 PM by Juliun03 »

Your BLID is 99619
explain

Alt key. Needed another if banned on the forums/forgot key but the former is more likely.

Got lots of things going on, server might not be up today. Probably tomorrow