Lord Furdle's Starwars RPG ••BUILD COMPETITION - Three weeks remain!••

Author Topic: Lord Furdle's Starwars RPG ••BUILD COMPETITION - Three weeks remain!••  (Read 9905 times)

This server is currently in very early production, a lot of concepts will change over time. Help would be very much appreciated. I've already got lots of support with building, but would very much like some more, especially looking for a coder who would be able to create a mod, I'll currently be using events.
We now have Honno coding for us, also, thanks to everyone for the continued help on the build!

Furdle's Starwars RPG

Years after the fall of Emperor Palatine, the Galaxy still remains partially under the control of the Empire.
Although scattered, the forces of the empire abandoned the Sith to save what is left.
You are born into this era, destined to wipe out the remaining commanders of the Empire, but how you do this is your choice. Making decisions changes your moral alignment, which affects the way the game interacts. Become a bounty hunter, smuggler or force user to bring peace to the Galaxy!

Players will be able to purchase different weapons, items, speeders and clothing based on their class and moral alignment.

Current images is a place holder, but will include the builds pictured.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 04:13:54 PM by Lord Furdle »

Project roles - Specific (and non-specific) jobs which you can request to help out on. PM me or drop by the server if you're interested!
Contributing to the server and getting your name on this list will give you access to 'The Contributor's Gift' which will most probably be cash + a unique personal vehicle.

Project Director - Furdle
Lead Coder - Honno
Vehicles - Uxie
Misc. Models - Siba
Server Provider - Tokerovin
Character Design -
Weapon Redesigner -
Terrainer - Clone534
Outfit Modeller -

Misc. Builders:
Tally
Biotracks
Lego Pepper
Nixton

COMPETITION TIME

Can you build the best droid?!
Come along to the server (Lord Furdle's Starwars RPG) and try your hand in the competition! (Dedicated)
Builds will be judged by myself and Lego Pepper

Guidelines/rules:
-Build on a 16x16 baseplate
-Using zonebricks (mod ter with no properties) is allowed
-Multiple entries is allowed
-No joke entries (I swear to god I will just perma you)
-Build your masterpiece in the allocated area
-Include your name and ID clearly on your build.
-NO BATTLE DROIDS. Please chose from the following type:
  Protocol
  Astromech
  Repair
  Medical
  Servant
-Build in alignment to the other entries (SWEAR TO GOD DONT forget WITH THE 16x16 GRID)

PRIZES!
Winner will be able to chose one of the following:

-Hitman Absolution
-Supreme Commander 2
-Thief
-Murdered; Soul Suspect
-Tomb Raider

Estimated time until we feel like we should end the competition is probably around 8th May - When the build progress will step up.
Droid references for your convenience
Wookieepedia's droid megalist

Protocol Droid
A protocol droid was a type of droid designed to assist sentients in their relations with one another and were programmed mostly for etiquette, and were often used as translators between sentients or between sentients and computers. Protocol droids were generally designed to look like the sentients they would be serving; for example 3PO-series protocol droids were designed to look Humanoid.
They also possessed knowledge about various cultures and customs, in order to advise those for whom they are working, and also so that they themselves may behave in a diplomatic and culturally sensitive manner.

wookieepedia
Astromech Droid
Most serve as an automated mechanic, performing a variety of repair duties and often serving as an adjunct or substitute for a nav computer on smaller starships. Astromech droids could also use the mainframes of larger ships to their advantage. Many starfighters relied on astromech copilots.
wookieepedia
Repair/Maintenance Droid
Maintenance droids, also known as repair droids, performed simple to complex cleaning, repair, and general maintenance tasks.
wookieepedia
Medical Droid
A medical droid series line produced by Medtech Industries. Only ten models (FXs-1 through 10) were made. They were often immobile, cylindrical droids with numerous "arms" that assisted patients during surgery or other medical procedures. They could help by cutting away dead flesh, holding items, or even injecting bacta fluid (which was why they were occasionally constructed at command stations during times of war to save injured soldiers).
Wookieepedia
Servant/Service Droid
Service droids, also servant droid or waiter droid, were any type of droid designed to perform as a waiter, a butler, or to provide any other type of general service. Bartender models were commonly seen in cantinas across the galaxy. They were known to be smartly programmed to memorize multiple orders with out having to write the order down or forget. They were even programmed to tell the difference between a poisonous drink and a normal drink.
wookieepedia
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 04:15:47 PM by Lord Furdle »

I'm curious to see how you (or the coder you hire) will implement force powers.

Either way, hopefully this server will be good too, good luck with it.

it sounds kinda like kotor (awesome)

I'm curious to see how you (or the coder you hire) will implement force powers.

Either way, hopefully this server will be good too, good luck with it.
The force powers are actually already implemented into the lightsabers. Obviously we need to expand the abilities, but currently there is force jump, force run, force lightning, force swift attack, and force push.

it sounds kinda like kotor (awesome)
Kind of following that idea, also looking at SWTOR and doing what I'd do differently instead of ruining what could have been a really good game.

that third image is even smaller lol
mind finding a reference picture of a bigger size?

This is much more exciting than hunting rpg

another RPG that will never be finished. you have a lot of good ideas but can't keep working on any of them for more than a weekend.

another RPG that will never be finished. you have a lot of good ideas but can't keep working on any of them for more than a weekend.
As I've explained before, creating a server on blockland (to the scale of concepts that I create) requires a team. A team that usually isn't dedicated enough to commit to a project. I've got a lot more free time now I've nearly finished my first year at uni.

But for the record, my last project GTA was finished.

As I've explained before, creating a server on blockland (to the scale of concepts that I create) requires a team. A team that usually isn't dedicated enough to commit to a project. I've got a lot more free time now I've nearly finished my first year at uni.

But for the record, my last project GTA was finished.
If you do happen to give up on this can I have it?

It won't be finished quickly but it will be finished

Speaking as somebody who's been working on a roleplay for the past four months, it's hard finding time to put work into something you aren't getting anything out of other than entertainment