Author Topic: Similar to Salvage  (Read 1489 times)

I really need an addon similar to salvage for my survival. I want it so you can get resources and make buildings with them. But its not like Minecraft. Basically when you want to build something you will use a weapon in your inventory or a command which opens a menu with pictures of buildings you can plant and their requirements. Once you place it it will be in a ghost brick form and everytime you click anywhere on the ghost building with the supplies it builds part of it. I would love it to be like that but it would be just as good to be able to click on a building in the menu when you have enough supplies and place it where you want. This is similar to salvage in someway as you can pickup and place materials. Thankyou if you can help me. I've always wanted to learn how to script but still can't find any tutorials good enough. Information on my survival is here: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=277071.0

Something similar to SimCity when placing buildings or something more like the buildings in Command and Conquer, Civilization or one of those Survival 303/404 from Roblox?

Something similar to SimCity when placing buildings or something more like the buildings in Command and Conquer, Civilization or one of those Survival 303/404 from Roblox?
Actually the idea is from Roblox, except its from a server called Isolation. You walk around survivng, teaming with others, collecting food, building wells, watch towers etc. I have already made some progress and usually run my server daily. But i only started earlier this week.

Could you shoot a video so I can have a clear idea on what you want?

I went out and played Isolation for a bit. It's basically 303/404, except you can hold an infinite amount of items except for large items, of which you're restricted to two. You start with an axe. I didn't play long enough to see anything else.

Oh then it shouldn't be hard. I'll get to work on it as soon as I can. I'm not currently at home.

Oh then it shouldn't be hard. I'll get to work on it as soon as I can. I'm not currently at home.
Thanks so much pie, I can still shoot a video if you want but I just need to fix up my frapps. I'm happy you would help me :3.

There are billions of bugs to iron out but here's what I've got so far. Rotations, clearing and placing. It's midnight for me so I'll continue tomorrow on resource consumption, generation and building placement.

Sorry for the stuffty video quality. 14fps@400x300x32 is the best I can do.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 10:01:38 PM by Pie Crust »

There are billions of bugs to iron out but here's what I've got so far. Rotations, clearing and placing. It's midnight for me so I'll continue tomorrow on resource consumption, generation and building placement.

Sorry for the stuffty video quality. 14fps@400x300x32 is the best I can do.
This looks absolutely amazIng. This looks perfect and exactly how I imagined it. I didn't think it was possible to get so much done so quickly, if it's possible and if I'm on, maybe we could schedule to meet in your server and design building.  Or is that not possible? Thanks for helping.

(my blockland name is Cat In Heaven)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 11:00:58 PM by Mr.Squimbles »

Could you shoot a video so I can have a clear idea on what you want?

I know you've started but this is just an idea. The video is random of youtube. Go to 0:45 to see what the guy does. I'd like to have a tool that opens this menu... Or the brickbar does it yet it can't be fully opened to use whatever bricks you want. Also it would be cool if the buildings had functions Eg a well fulfills hunger needs. Soz I feel I'm asking for too much, whatever you can do for me is fine :3. Btw why was their something weird at the start of your video lol :3.

Yes, well, I got bored. Don't judge. :3

As for the GUI, you'd need a client-sided add-on. The great thing about that is that I can remove the datablock costs and use scriptObjects so you can load as many add-ons as you want. The bad thing is that every player joining MUST have the client add-on and GUIs in Blockland are sort of a hassle in my opinion. (To make and use. xP)

When you open the brickbar (I forgot to show this when recording), there's a new category called "Survival" which has datablocks such as this small hut. I have 0 painting skills so I used a crest icon. It's a totally different datablock though.

Yes, well, I got bored. Don't judge. :3

As for the GUI, you'd need a client-sided add-on. The great thing about that is that I can remove the datablock costs and use scriptObjects so you can load as many add-ons as you want. The bad thing is that every player joining MUST have the client add-on and GUIs in Blockland are sort of a hassle in my opinion. (To make and use. xP)

Hmm well that's fine I think at least the addon can work. If there's way around the GUI thing though that would be great. I'm sure people would download it but I just think they may not no how to when they come on my server. (I mean noob)

Oh and the server is pretty boring itself mine will be a whole lot more interesting ;3.

I'm currently hosting a server with this enabled. The password is "password". Join in.

I'm currently hosting a server with this enabled. The password is "password". Join in.
I'm in bed right now cos I'm tired but I'll be on tmoz hopefully, is your name Pie Crust on blockland?