Pecon7's Fortwars - SeventhSandwich & Malvhi135

Author Topic: Pecon7's Fortwars - SeventhSandwich & Malvhi135  (Read 7395 times)

I feel ya. Free cookies 5 u  :iceCream: :iceCream: :iceCream: :iceCream: Wait a minute.

do you two even host a sever?

edot: not agreeing with jetz, but you guys shouldn't judge someone who's experienced with hosting if you haven't done it yourself

doublepost:

that fail edit tho

jetz doesn't host but is admin on bossbattles so that's my mistake there

edot: not agreeing with jetz, but you guys shouldn't judge someone who's experienced with hosting if you haven't done it yourself
doublepost:

that fail edit tho

jetz doesn't host but is admin on bossbattles so that's my mistake there

You're handicapped, I said I did and you're still telling me not to judge. Just stop while you are even relatively ahead.

Also, adminstration on a blockland server requires zero skills. All you need is a brain, some common sense and good judgment. So even then you're still wrong.

i agree with jetz

You're handicapped, I said I did and you're still telling me not to judge. Just stop while you are even relatively ahead.

Also, adminstration on a blockland server requires zero skills. All you need is a brain, some common sense and good judgment. So even then you're still wrong.

No need to be so defensive.... Missed your post so alright, you have experience and disagree with the fact "skills" are required.

I never said I was right, since I don't agree with jetz in the first place, but I was skeptical on the fact you and kishgal called him out on his view if you didn't fully understand it, which you have stated that you have hosted and do understand the argument at hand.

im going to drop it and say alright. I think you're right in the sense that skill is not a requirement for administrating

no, all that means is that too many people have morons for friends
birds of a feather flock together

So are you actually trying to make a point here, or are you just nitpicking to be an starfish?

Call the important traits what you want, either way plenty of people don't have them. All it takes is a quick look around the drama forum to see that indiscriminately making all your friends admins on a server you're not frequently watching over yourself is a terrible idea.

We can take my original claim:
Administrating a server is a skill. Being friends with the host does not give someone that skill.
Then swap in your take on it:
Administrating a server requires a brain, some common sense and good judgment. Being friends with the host does not give someone those traits.
And my central argument doesn't change at all.

So are you actually trying to make a point here, or are you just nitpicking to be an starfish?

We can take my original claim:Then swap in your take on it:And my central argument doesn't change at all.

Traits =/= Skills

how 2 be pedantic: a guide by kochieboy and others

how 2 be pedantic: a guide by kochieboy and others

Step 1: Care about word use
Step 2: Profit

Traits =/= Skills
And "my central argument" =/= "Administrating a server is a skill."

My two points are that "using applications to decide who becomes an admin yields good results when done properly," and also "recruiting admins from friends yields bad results when done improperly." Pecon's server demonstrates the former, and a trip or two around the drama forum would demonstrate the latter.

Step 1: Care about word use
Step 2: Profit
So getting back to my question, are you actually here to argue against one of those statements, or are you just nitpicking to be an starfish?

And "my central argument" =/= "Administrating a server is a skill."

My two points are that "using applications to decide who becomes an admin yields good results when done properly," and also "recruiting admins from friends yields bad results when done improperly." Pecon's server demonstrates the former, and a trip or two around the drama forum would demonstrate the latter.
So getting back to my question, are you actually here to argue against one of those statements, or are you just nitpicking to be an starfish?

Ah I see... I will not side on the application argument. Seeing as there is always room for error within picking new applicants. However, if someone is abusing their power, it should be dealt with swiftly, from what is apparent, didn't happen here. From the other testimonies and my personal experience, you guys have some cleaning up to do.

Either way, people will be nitpicky about your word usage, I am in general very picky on how people use their words to portray their point. You used the wrong word, it stuck out ans I called you out on it.

Ah I see... I will not side on the application argument. Seeing as there is always room for error within picking new applicants. However, if someone is abusing their power, it should be dealt with swiftly, from what is apparent, didn't happen here. From the other testimonies and my personal experience, you guys have some cleaning up to do.

Either way, people will be nitpicky about your word usage, I am in general very picky on how people use their words to portray their point. You used the wrong word, it stuck out and I called you out on it.

Noedit