Pecon7's Fortwars - SeventhSandwich & Malvhi135

Author Topic: Pecon7's Fortwars - SeventhSandwich & Malvhi135  (Read 7335 times)

oh my god, people these days. I feel bad for you man

You come into this topic and try to start an argument with me then call it a night when you feel like you've gained something from it? Damn dude you're funny.
You got it backwards - I said that when I realized I wasn't going to gain anything from it.

If you're really that eager for some examples then I'll give you them. It's not like I've never played on the server before. The last time I was there, two admins including Reconer and Gizmo were arguing with other players and being completely oblivious as to what was going on around them and it was a very unpleasant experience. I have nothing against Redconer and enjoy playing on DM servers with him when he's online. As for Gizmo, he used to be an admin at my server as well until he went inactive.
Yeah Redconer was one of the ones that could be counted on one hand I mentioned earlier. Gizmo's admin status is in a constant state of flux but he's not all that active on Boss Battles either.

Previous issues I've experienced include Aware making snide remarks at me and kicking me when I responded to him. This happened in at least two separate instances. The Super Admins on the server just allowed him to continue without taking any action.
First I'm hearing of this. I searched through the logs of the past few months, found one such instance, though you apparently responded to his single uncalled-for remark, said nothing else, and disconnected on your own 5 minutes later. This stuff is so much easier to verify if you report it when it happens, but we do actually try to verify it when it is reported.

If someone has issues with the admins at a server every time they join then obviously there's a problem that needs to be addressed.
Maybe it's the person in question? Or maybe they just have a terrible sample size? Whichever it is, complaints about the server's admins on the whole are so few and far between that the problem doesn't seem to be them.

There's no need to get defensive and take things personally over it like you are. It's actually too bad that you couldn't even hold a normal conversation over it without your usual attitude taking over every one of your replies.
Again, quit pretending that you've given me anything to work with before now. All you did was call the administration terrible, then ignored me every time I asked you to explain why. I took it personally because it had no value when interpreted professionally.

Tez's server has been fine other than a few very questionable choices in who he makes admin.
Maybe he should implement some process for screening them, like some sort of application and review system!  :cookieMonster:

i'm friends with the people i am for a reason; if i could not trust them to be an admin, why would i be friends with them?
if this statement can't be applied to you or anyone else, it's probably time to reevaluate who you consider a friend lol
I've maintained a friendly relationship with Redconer, even though we did have to de-admin him. Administrating a server is a skill. Being friends with the host does not give someone that skill. It's worth noting that when someone has to apply for the position rather than getting it by being buddies with the host, they feel more obligated to take that role seriously. Cases of abuse are so rare because the admins know they can't just absentmindedly screw around with admin powers then suck up to the host when people complain.

Administrating a server is a skill.
no it's not, what the hell? how is that a skill lol
it's a simple matter of having the most basic common sense and judgement abilities

it's a simple matter of having the most basic common sense and judgement abilities
^ don't make fools admins and you'll be fine, applications do absolutely nothing.

Call the important traits what you want, either way plenty of people don't have them. All it takes is a quick look around the drama forum to see that indiscriminately making all your friends admins on a server you're not frequently watching over yourself is a terrible idea.

Call the important traits what you want, either way plenty of people don't have them. All it takes is a quick look around the drama forum to see that indiscriminately making all your friends admins on a server you're not frequently watching over yourself is a terrible idea.
no, all that means is that too many people have morons for friends

i've met so many people like this on another fortwars server. I would do a drama about it, but i have low memory, and its basicly Self Delete going back there.
The only diffrence is those annoying people were the OWNERS and admins.
God some people...
I feel your pain, and im sorry for you.

what possible reason could you have for bumping a month old drama that is partially against you and just saying "hey"

do you two even host a sever?

I've hosted plenty of servers. Trust me, it's nothing like actually hosting a real server.