Poll

Which addon would you like the most?

Weapons
Bags (Health, Ammo)
Stealth system
Drills
Bots
Masks

Author Topic: Need people for PayDay 2 addons [Added Glock 18!]  (Read 6517 times)

" The drill is broken, Somebody's gotta fix it!"
-Chains

♫ forget THIS BROKE, richard, PEICE OF stuff, DRIIIIIILLLLL ♫

The base idea.
I was wondering with my friend if this could happen and so. Here we are. We are planning on making PD2 stuff. The only problem is with the scripting sequences. Like Drills, Trip mines, Cameras, Bags, Events, Weapons, Armors, Civilians, Police, Place-able medkits and ammo bags, Cops, Special enemies, C4, Picklocking, The usual stuff you see on Payday... This all.

The things I could do is the modelling, But other than that I'm helpless. I was wondering if someone out there could help me out. It would be an awesome project.

My thoughts so far.
We were thinking there could be a PD2 playertype which enables picklocking and time counters and reviving like in-game, And a unique 'Use' button binded onto the flashlight button instead of ... the flashlight. We don't need those. Regenerating armor, But not HP.

I were thinking, What if the picklocking were an actual event, Where you had to stay still for a given amount of time, Which you could specify. Like 'OnUse > Self > StartPicklock > #(Specified Number of seconds.)' Or a unique picklock block like safes, doors and other things.

Masks:
As mentioned, The playertypes define most stuff in the game. In PayDay2, You have a state called 'Casing mode' Which is just acting civilian, This could use a different datablock. Like PDCase, And the Heist mode like PDHeist. When you pick up the mask, And put it onto your head, You put yourself out to danger since civilians now can detect you, And you can take damage too.

Upon selecting the mask from the inventory and pressing the fire button, The item would ask you which mask would you like to use, And so you change into that datablock. Similiar to the TF2's spy. You take it out, Press a number and disguise. Simple like that.

Drills:
About the drill, It would be a carry-able drill in your inventory, That you could retrieve after a drill stopped. In fact, Like in the portal Add-on, There could be a drill block which enable the use of drilling on that specified block. Ranging from 1x2 to 1x2x3 blocks. The drill would find it's place on the middle of the block. There also could be drill events like: OnDrillPlace > Drill > StartCount > #(Specified Number of seconds.)

And while at it, A possible random factor for the jamming. Like in VCE events. From a scale of 30% to 1%. It can be specified too maybe in RTB options too?

The game had huge, Badass thermal drills too, Which was needed for the heavier vaults. Though it would use the same apparent event, Just like OnThermalPlace > Thermal > StartCount > #(Specified Number of seconds.)

Bags:
The bag would work like a simple placeholder that could just occupy an inventory slot that you could not select so you could not take multiple bags. And a brick, Or an event specifying a brick that could accept bags when thrown onto. It would give score to the minigame like cash in-game.

There would be other bags like gold bags, money bags and drug bags. Each carrying different weights defying the player's movement speed, With differing amounts of points it dealing. Maybe you could give the crouch button for throwing it away.

Pickups:
The pickups would be just ordinary medkits placed onto the ground with different states defying how much charges it has. The same would go to ammo bags. There are little purses called medipacks, These work almost instantly, But since you can't have different numbers of incapacitations (Correct me if I'm wrong) this would just fill half of your health.

Cameras:
There would be cameras simply just for animation, like on the wall and the celling. They would rotate around, scanning the area but there would be no actual reason we'd imply anything.

Events:
About the events. There could be some triggering zones, Like the mission ending one, Some camera spots that you could be spotted at, And triggering spots like lazers, Cameras, Civilians spotting you, Calling the cops on you after a brief amount of time. It could have a unique event to scan for nearby ECM jammers like cameras, Which prevents the call for a while. It could check every 20 seconds or so. Those jammers usually last 1-2 minutes in overall.

Gamemode:
There could be a gamemode with multiple maps which randomly swap. (Only 1 day heists.) With a money amount that constantly gets stacked by blockland player ID's so not only on one server you would be higher level than the others. These you could use to upgrade your weapons. (I'll work on the weapon mods.) (I also gotta ask ZombieKillz about using his Advanced Weapons addon to make mine for the mods.). The gamemode is just simply a 4-8 players gamemode so the heist won't be too easy.

It isn't necessary if the maps we make will be very big. Like Big Bank for an instance. There could be 8-10 players too. The gamemode is just like adding the respawn timer, The spectation, The Assault waves of cops, And points. Also when all people die the heist is over and is onto the next one. The gamemode itself would be the map rotational tool.

It would be a really huge project, And would need effort for it to happen. But the fruit of the hard work pays out really good.

Also on the bright side players could be able to make their own Payday 2 maps.

People I /REALLY/ need for this work.

• Testers.
  • Builders.
  • Modelers
  • Coders.

I mentioned I could model before, But I can't take it all alone. And though I'm still learning to do, I do a great work with models.

The coders would be the most important thing to be beside of. I'm looking forward for you to work with.

————————————

What's done so far.

Medic Bag:

Ammo Bag:

ECM:

Drill:

Lootbag:

Tripmine:

Weapons:

Chimano 88:

Chimano Compact:

Interceptor .45:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 01:09:06 PM by DanteRedgrave »

You can start bumping this. :<

69 reads, We're getting somewhere!

I mentioned I could model before, But I can't take it all alone. And though I'm still learning to do, I do a great work with models.

If you've made any models for this project, I suggest you post a few images of them. Might get people more interested in your project, and would prove that you actually can model.
Also it might be a good idea to post a topic in modification discussion once work on this has started. 

Anyway, good luck with your project. I probably would help you if it weren't for all the projects that I already have going.

how about masks? there are the medieval hats so there should be masks

how about masks? there are the medieval hats so there should be masks

Maybe we could talk about it, But first the basic mechanics of the game is required. I'll add it to the list in case.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 08:23:31 PM by Hawt »

can you make an event called ifTeam

so i can do things like onZoneEnter > Player > ifTeam > [teamname]

onVariableFalse > Player > addVelocity > 0 10 0

This is a Payday thread, And I'm no coder to do this. Try somewhere else for more luck.

OH stuff WRONG THREAD

please edit your post so no one can see my shame

OH stuff WRONG THREAD

please edit your post so no one can see my shame

I've no idea how to do that.