MERP Commands [v5.1 - Whispers and Empire Font]

Poll

Should you be able to disable empire chat logging?

Yes
No

Author Topic: MERP Commands [v5.1 - Whispers and Empire Font]  (Read 16162 times)

Being able to see a list of empires and the player would be neat.
Hm, would it show a list of empires online, or just empires in general?

How about a command which makes your empire do something.

Example: *Nicepoint's empire builds more units*
You could technically already do that with the current system. Something like "The Government decides to train more units".

Make a currency/ materials system
I've considered this, and also asked others, and it seems like it's a firm 'no' for the idea. It adds another thing to manage and can get kinda irritating to use. However, if enough people want it, I may make a separate add-on for it.

I enabled it in add-ons but will not work on server. Is there a list of conflicting add-ons?
If you have the other commands pack by TheBlackParrot enabled, it does some weird stuff and the add-on may not work. Try checking that. I'll also update the OP saying that.

Make a currency/ materials system
The problem with this is allocating material income to physical resources on the map, which becomes a pain in the ass to manage and another problem is that there is no turn system outside combat and neither does MERP play like an RTS, meaning there is no specific timescale in which you are earning materials. The next problem is allocating material costs to units and buildings, how do put a value on custom units and buildings with possibly unique traits without making some people overpowered compared to others? I don't think it's possible, or atleast for now.

-snip-

This. There is no turn system outside of combat, nor anything to detect what resources you are gaining, or when. If a full currency/materials system were to be made, it might just be better to make an entire MERP gamemode.

pls add empire fonts thx

pls add empire fonts thx

That being fonts for empire chat or empire name? (I could do both)

That being fonts for empire chat or empire name? (I could do both)

both

Bump.

holy loving stuff badspot bumped a merp thread
i've never felt more proud to be a person who plays MERP in my life

holy loving stuff badspot bumped a merp thread
i've never felt more proud to be a person who plays MERP in my life

probably cuz element asked him to or something smh

s m h
m    m
h m s