Nickpb starfish for no real reason

Author Topic: Nickpb starfish for no real reason  (Read 9836 times)

see the thing here is that you're wrong lol
Sure if thats what you want to think lol

So then, why did he ddos the servers anyways?

A clear hollow drama with three statements most likely taken out of context.

From what I see in this thread, Fen is nickpicking on Nickpb, or am I missing something

nickpicking

OT Fen is in the wrong here, like usual.

Hey Fen that is kind of what happens when nobody loving likes you. Get used to it.

Sure if thats what you want to think lol
There's nothing to think. Your entire post is objectively wrong.
Here, let me break it down for you:
Okay you're a piece of stuff who does nothing but argue and insult people who don't agree with you
I do plenty of other things. For that matter, unless the person I disagree with is an idiot (ie. you), then they'll of course be treated as such.

you need to tone it down with the insults
No, I don't. If your feelings are hurt by the mean mean words of someone on the internet, all it means is that you need to grow a pair.

Just because you get picked on in real life doesn't mean it's okay online.
I've never been picked on in my life, lol. Could you have made a more immature example of projecting?

So, here's why you're all dumb. Morals are individualized. Each individual person has their own code of morals, and their integrity is how well they adhere to it. You cannot apply your code of morals to a different individual's action and objectively state that they are a good or bad person for it. You can pass personal judgement on that person for it, but here's the thing: that's relative.

If you think Nickpb is a richard for being harsh towards Fen/Custardo, great. Fantastic for you. Judge his character for it, make a mental note that he's a richard.

Here's the thing: just because you think he's being a richard, doesn't mean that he's being a richard. There is no moral high ground for you to take to attempt to censor him. There's a saying: "Opinions are like noses, everybody's got one." You may be self-important and think that your opinion is the end-all and be-all judgement, but it's not.

This is why principles like free speech exist.

To summarize and contextualize: "Just because you can [lash out] doesn't mean you should" is a stupid statement to make. The only reason you think he shouldn't lash out is because you've applied your morals to his actions, and published your opinion as an objective critique of his actions. Not only is this statement self-important, but it's completely unsubstantiated. Why shouldn't he lash out? Because you think it's wrong? Fantastic.

So, here's why you're all dumb.
Hm... No, I don't think I feel like reading a dumb rant that opens like that, thanks though.

Hm... No, I don't think I feel like reading a dumb rant that opens like that, thanks though.

Actually, that "all" didn't include you. I was supporting your argument.

Actually, that "all" didn't include you. I was supporting your argument.
Wow, lucky me...

Wow, lucky me...

More like you weren't worth ranting about. It just so happened we shared the same position. You stopped mattering to me the day you were exposed as a fraud. I only told you that I was supporting your argument because your deliberate ignorance of my post was poorly founded. I don't have to respect a person to enlighten them.

the fact that morals are relative is what makes them debatable

and there's nothing inherently wrong with putting your own thoughts on the matter out there; you just have to make sure you aren't presenting something exclusively subjective as an objective truth, as you said. i don't think it's really reasonable to extend that to any form of subjective debate though. there's always some form of reasoning behind someone's claims, regardless of if the claim is subjective or objective in its fundamental nature, and that reasoning is what makes it presentable in rational discourse.

without all that fluff: yeah, morals are subjective, but that doesn't mean they can't be discussed. it just means you have to acknowledge their subjective nature.