Advanced Personal Messaging

Author Topic: Advanced Personal Messaging  (Read 3404 times)

This mod allows you to send messages to players, privately. Except, all of your messages are logged by the server. So, maybe not so private?
Features:
-Bubble pop sound when you receive a message (only you can hear it!)
-Cooldown between messages that you can change
-PM bans/unbans (are not persistent, as in, if someone rejoins, they will be unbanned from PM's)
-Various checks to prevent errors
-Almost everything is logged
Commands:
/PM targetname message
/pmban targetname
/unpmban targetname
/PMcooldown customtime
Enjoy!
I have fixed the issue where you can change the color of the PM and other stuff.
Download
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 11:12:43 AM by -Setro- »

forget yeah

finally there is a pm addon that MEETS MY REQUIREMENTS

-PM bans/unbans (are not persistent, as in, if someone rejoins, they will be unbanned from PM's)
You should look at Script_AdvancedMute's code to make PM bans persistant; it's actually seems pretty simple from my look at the code.

Otherwise, pretty neat.

Use stripMLControlChars on the message.

Use stripMLControlChars on the message.
woops, forgot that bitmap and stuff was a possibility
will fix asap

Instead of
   %a = stripmlcontrolchars(%a);
   %b = stripmlcontrolchars(%b);
   %c = stripmlcontrolchars(%c);
   %d = stripmlcontrolchars(%d);
   %e = stripmlcontrolchars(%e);
   %f = stripmlcontrolchars(%f);
   %g = stripmlcontrolchars(%g);
   %h = stripmlcontrolchars(%h);
   %i = stripmlcontrolchars(%i);
   %j = stripmlcontrolchars(%j);

Just do %msg = stripMLControlChars(trim(%a SPC %b SPC %c SPC %d SPC %e SPC %f SPC %g SPC %h SPC %i SPC %j));

Needs an interface.
I have enough /commands already.

Needs an interface.
As much as I and many other modders would love to make more GUI controls for our server-sided mods, there just isn't a simple solution to it besides the usual ridiculous requirement to download a client add-on in order to use the GUI. Please stop complaining about it.

Please stop complaining about it.
Then find a better way. I've got a list of /commands two pages long.

Even if it had to be a client mod, this would be the mod it would work better with.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 06:46:15 PM by Mr.Noßody »

As much as I and many other modders would love to make more GUI controls for our server-sided mods, there just isn't a simple solution to it besides the usual ridiculous requirement to download a client add-on in order to use the GUI. Please stop complaining about it.
Then do both. It's not like GUIs are difficult to make.

Needs an interface.
Then find a better way. I've got a list of /commands two pages long.

Even if it had to be a client mod, this would be the mod it would work better with.
Not my fault. Thousands of coders have used servercmd's. Very rarely do I see GUI's made for simple scripts like this one.
If I can master GUI's somewhat, I'll start using them.

A GUI for a PMing system is not needed at all, but I can see your point for other add-ons.