Detailed: Kimon derails thread to argue, goes ballistic and embarasses himself

Author Topic: Detailed: Kimon derails thread to argue, goes ballistic and embarasses himself  (Read 24242 times)

handicapped
Don't you dare use this word! Kimon might be offended by it!

Third from last was directed at Ike himself.
didnt see that one, but still.
learn a new word lol
i keep repeating it because i think it's an accurate way to describe it
I'm not seeing the connection between "baiting" and being "edgy."

im using edgy in a looser sense, sorta like this. being a jackass is a surefire way to bait someone into responding, so thus the connection
You called him edgy because you were trying to provoke a reaction, because you were trying to troll him.
listen i called him edgy because he was being an starfish, it really isnt that deep.
you already know the word im thinking of that describes this post well, don't you

you already know the word im thinking of that describes this post well, don't you
"Correct"

nah he only has a brother trigga B)

im using edgy in a looser sense, sorta like this. being a jackass is a surefire way to bait someone into responding, so thus the connection
There is a generally accepted meaning to a word, you don't just pick and choose a meaning and expect everyone to understand it. Ergo, that is not the correct use of the word.

listen i called him edgy because he was being an starfish, it really isnt that deep.
Case in point, that's not how the loving word is used, lmao. Anyone can tell you this, you are literally the only person who thinks that that makes any sense.

There is a generally accepted meaning to a word, you don't just pick and choose a meaning and expect everyone to understand it. Ergo, that is not the correct use of the word.
Case in point, that's not how the loving word is used, lmao. Anyone can tell you this, you are literally the only person who thinks that that makes any sense.
i dunno where you have been for you to have never seen edgy used loosely in the context of being a jackass on purpose, generally to get a response. it's why people call 9/11 jokes edgy.

i dunno where you have been for you to have never seen edgy used loosely in the context of being a jackass on purpose, generally to get a response.
Not Tumblr.

it's why people call 9/11 jokes edgy.
No? 9/11 jokes are called edgy because, get this, they are on the "edge" of comedy.
stuff, it's almost as if I just linked you to the accepted definition! Weird!

I'm not seeing the connection between "baiting" and being "edgy."
Edgy is one of those words that gets used so much on these forums, and usually so incorrectly that a bunch of people end up not knowing what it really means yet using it all the time.
Just like people using the word 'autism/autistic' as an insult and to describe people/actions.

It's no surprise really when those users then get in a hissy fit over people using other words, like "monday", because they don't understand words or their contexts.

im using edgy in a looser sense, sorta like this. being a jackass is a surefire way to bait someone into responding, so thus the connectionlisten
Being a git isn't edgy, it's just being a git.
By the definition you quoted, Taboo being an arsehole isn't him trying to be cool, or dark or anything like that. It was just being an arsehole.
i dunno where you have been for you to have never seen edgy used loosely in the context of being a jackass on purpose, generally to get a response. it's why people call 9/11 jokes edgy.
No, 9/11 jokes are called edgy because it's trying to be Dark Humour. loving hell, this is really simple.

By the definition you quoted, Taboo being an arsehole isn't him trying to be cool, or dark or anything like that. It was just being an arsehole.
well that's a matter of opinion
No, 9/11 jokes are called edgy because it's trying to be Dark Humour. loving hell, this is really simple.
isnt dark humor usually done to be a jackass? or to get a response? that's kinda how i interpret it.

it's why people call 9/11 jokes edgy.

Realtalk, edgy as a slang term is defined as somebody challenging societal norms for the sake of being different, or being dark, broody or emo for no reason. Shadow the hedgehog is edgy because he's supposed to be a cool, dark, dodgy version of sonic but it ultimately fails and ends up being edgy because sega tried too hard. On the other hand, he isn't edgy because he's portrayed as an starfish, otherwise literally every other sonic character would be classified as edgy.

9/11 jokes are considered edgy because it's a tryhard attempt at black humor for the sake of being dark and well, edgy.

It has nothing to do with being an starfish and it's about as much of an insult as calling somebody cringy is.

isnt dark humor usually done to be a jackass? or to get a response? that's kinda how i interpret it.

Dark humor's purpose is just that, to be dark and humorous. If it's made to get a negative response, it isn't dark humor, it's trolling.

how many people do you see cracking dark humor jokes in public

I think "cringy" is more open ended though.

well i said i was using it loosely for a reason. i was expressing my disdain with his attitude but i didnt really care enough to go into enough detail. i see how that leads to confusion though.

so can we get to the actual point of him derailing the thread for trying to get a response or

how many people do you see cracking dark humor jokes in public

Often times dark humor is used a coping mechanism to deal with horrifying situations that are hard to talk about. Humor in general is a great coping mechanism.

I think "cringy" is more open ended though.

Cringe is just the uneasy feeling people get when they witness something awkward or painful, so anything awkward or painful is "cringy"

well i said i was using it loosely for a reason. i was expressing my disdain with his attitude but i didnt really care enough to go into enough detail. i see how that leads to confusion though.

Next time do what I do and use a bunch of non-insults like doofus and numbnuts because it helps diffuse the anger and leads to a less-tension-filled debate rather than a 20 page long topic about people exchanging insults