Author Topic: Grapple Rope 2.0 - Bug update  (Read 9235 times)

Remember the old grapple rope? Didn't it have some bugs? Well.. This one just has less of them, but more features are added.

I've remade a lot of how the grapple rope works. When you are hooked on something, if it is no longer in that spot (a brick, or if it randomly had no raycast), you would detach.

I've made some events,
Input: onGrappleHook and onGrappleUnHook - Called when the grapple becomes hooked/unhooked. The hook is not called if the brick cannot be hooked onto because it wasn't successful.
Ex: onGrappleHook > Player > kill

Output: Self > setGrappleState > bool (on/off) - If disabled (default), it will make the brick become unhookable, even if you try you will just disconnect anyways.

Something new: If you are hooked onto a bot/player/vehicle, you will follow it instead of being hooked where they were last time.

Download Tool_GrappleRope.zip
Don't understand or want to see it in action? Video
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 02:54:59 AM by Advanced Bot »

Awesome!  Could you modify the hookshot for this too?  There was a server, forgot whose it was, that had a grapple and hookshot challenge using this grapple stuff.

I could try.

Planned changes for Grapple Hook:
+ You will unhook if something is in the way.
+ Attach/Detach sounds!

Yes! Finally a less glitchy version. Good job.

Cool how you added the various events for it, I always just used VCE on projectile hit and check for the item the player is holding (the grapple). Whats very neat tho is how you can grapple vehicles bots and other players now.

Could you add a couple cmds or RTB prefs to disable vehicle/bot, and player hookability?
For grapple challenges and stuff

I honestly hope that this isn't used the grapple knife servers.

Not because it's a bad add-on, it's actually pretty great (and kinda needed to be done).

Just because I'm a knifing veteran, and I don't like change X.x

You still still grapple the same. I didn't change the math of how that works.

But ew grapple knifing

So if a brick fakekills, will it automatically detach?

This looks awesome, I'm sure this will be fun to play around with. Good job! :)

ew grapple knifing

ot: its pretty good this was actually fixed
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 06:50:17 PM by Hawt »

So if a brick fakekills, will it automatically detach?
There's no easy way to detect if it fake kills. I could create a package of the fakekill event

There's no easy way to detect if it fake kills. I could create a package of the fakekill event
Also disappear as well, but yeah that would be great if you could do so.  Thanks.

Also disappear as well, but yeah that would be great if you could do so.  Thanks.
Disappear doesn't need it since it disables the raycasting, which is what the grapple rope checks.

Fake kill doesn't disable any properties