Author Topic: Grapple Rope 2.0 - Bug update  (Read 9244 times)

Made this possible. :)
OH forget THAT'S COOL

Also, is there any way that you could add a feature where if you grapple something and are anchored, if will restrict the other object from moving?  Or perhaps use force calculations to decide how forces are applied for players and vehicles?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 06:06:47 PM by SWAT One »

I can create math for the mass, meaning it will slow it down lol

Fluidity would be better, so nah.

Good luck with that, I'm not doing it.

Also, cannot detect if objects are in the way, it seems not work well.

Good luck with that, I'm not doing it.
No.  I meant if it overcomplicates things to the point of making it less fluid, then don't bother.

Also, cannot detect if objects are in the way, it seems not work well.
Perhaps try to use the vector that the object pulling the player and combine it with the gravity vector and then fire a raycast in that direction from the player to detect if anything is in the way?

1. That is what I mean, it has a lot of complications.

2. I've already tried that, it's not efficient.

Update: For some reason the grapple didn't follow all types of vehicles well. It now does.

does the grapple hook raycast?
if it dosen't, atleast show us a visible hook projectile

i don't think there's any kind of trick that can be done to simulate the grapple rope curving around objects in the way, is there?

does the grapple hook raycast?
if it dosen't, atleast show us a visible hook projectile
Of course, it uses a bunch or projectiles show where it is being hooked at

i don't think there's any kind of trick that can be done to simulate the grapple rope curving around objects in the way, is there?

You could to this in theory but detecting the edge would be horribly inefficient

Very nice job Bot! =D

unfortunately no, not without costly physics calculations

My bad, reposted previous comment
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 07:37:10 PM by axis1000 »

Something new: If you are hooked onto a bot/player/vehicle, you will follow it instead of being hooked where they were last time.
YEEEESSSSS!!!!