JitankIscigarette - stirring up bullstuff in "post real life pictures of yourself"

Author Topic: JitankIscigarette - stirring up bullstuff in "post real life pictures of yourself"  (Read 20780 times)

Cultural Appropriation is real.
No, it's not. Good to know you support segregation though.

No, it's not. Good to know you support segregation though.
She saying that essentially, there are a good number of white people who want to accept black culture, but not black people. Thats the whole idea of cultural appropriation. I do not support segregation.

She saying that essentially, there are a good number of white people who want to accept black culture, but not black people. Thats the whole idea of cultural appropriation. I do not support segregation.
Quote from: urbandictionary
Cultural Appropriation: The [...] notion that being of a different culture or race (especially white) means that you are not allowed to adopt things from other cultures.
Quote from: dictionary.com
Appropriate (Verb): to take without permission or consent

I have no idea what you mean but that seems to be the agreed upon definition of it, which makes sense when you take into account the definition of "appropriate." If you don't think that's the definition of it then you've probably misunderstood what it really means.

I have no idea what you mean but that seems to be the agreed upon definition of it, which makes sense when you take into account the definition of "appropriate." If you don't think that's the definition of it then you've probably misunderstood what it really means.
The person from urban dictionary who wrote that definition is obviously salty. The way ive heard most people use it was in my context. Accepting the culture but not the people.

The person from urban dictionary who wrote that definition is obviously salty.
"They dont agree with my misinformation. Theyre stupid!!!"

"They dont agree with my misinformation. Theyre stupid!!!"
You're just trying to rustle my jimmies. I haven't stated if he's right or wrong. I simply just told him the context in which i heard it most used so he wouldn't mistake me for thinking something else. So now go Jubye your way out of here.

A lot of what the slightly more sane people on tumblr say is that "cultural appropriation" is actually "cultural exploitation." To use another culture in a demeaning way for ones own advantage. I have no stance on this. My point is it seems a lot of people have different definitions of it.

I'm standing by the definition of the word that actually uses the proper definition of "appropriation." Not another words meaning being arbitrarily slapped onto it with absolutely no regard for the integrity of the English language.

[sarcasm]
In fact, I'm inventing a new term. "Word Appropriation." it's when you take a word and use it in a demeaning way for your own advantage.

Example: Your definition of cultural appropriation is word appropriation!
Example: The definition of Word Appropriation is word appropriation!
[/sarcasm]

A lot of what the slightly more sane people on tumblr say is that "cultural appropriation" is actually "cultural exploitation." To use another culture in a demeaning way for ones own advantage. I have no stance on this. My point is it seems a lot of people have different definitions of it.

I'm standing by the definition of the word that actually uses the proper definition of "appropriation." Not another words meaning being arbitrarily slapped onto it with absolutely no regard for the integrity of the English language.

[sarcasm]
In fact, I'm inventing a new term. "Word Appropriation." it's when you take a word and use it in a demeaning way for your own advantage.

Example: Your definition of cultural appropriation is word appropriation!
Example: The definition of Word Appropriation is word appropriation!
[/sarcasm]
youre right, that is the better term for what im explaining. Thanks for correcting me.

Jitank has convinced me that being a tribal is actually good, since I don't have to have the uppity, stuffty attitude you have. Congratulations, Jitank.

what the flying forget 24 pages

So this became less about Jitank derailing threads and instead he further pushed his agenda?