Author Topic: Metario's RPJailing  (Read 9119 times)

Please make weapon of it. Being auto-jailed is no fun. <:^(

cannabis is a drug.
How drugs are made:

How plants are grown:

Are you seeing the difference?

go take your stuffty 'cannabis is the ultimate medicine!!!!' garbage elsewhere.

Matter of opinion.  Calm down, jesus.
OT:  Just rename "Cannabis" to "Contraband".
It would definitely cover a wider range of illegal substances. Also I never said that? I simply said that cannabis isn't a drug. It's a plant. I'm sure drugs could be made from it though, as with most plants

It's less about the opinion itself and more that he's trying to start stuff over said opinion, even though it's such a little thing.
You're the one getting all bent outta shape about it o.O
It was just a simple comment and you take it to the extreme like some noob kid who doesn't know the difference between a plant grown from a seed and a man-made drug.

How drugs are made:

How plants are grown:

Are you seeing the difference?
It would definitely cover a wider range of illegal substances. Also I never said that? I simply said that cannabis isn't a drug. It's a plant.
It was just a simple comment and you take it to the extreme like some noob kid who doesn't know the difference between a plant grown from a seed and a man-made drug.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_(drug)

It would definitely cover a wider range of illegal substances. Also I never said that? I simply said that cannabis isn't a drug.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=274023.msg8129986#msg8129986
are you seeing the relation to that and what you posted
because you constantly defend weed like it's the holy grail

You're the one getting all bent outta shape about it o.O

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll port over a baton or something from a CRPG or some thing. I will need to implement a unarrest baton and learn how to do autojailing, let me update it with a 3.12747473737 version.

Also: take that argument about cannabis is a drug or isn't a drug somewhere else, thank you.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll port over a baton or something from a CRPG or some thing. I will need to implement a unarrest baton and learn how to do autojailing, let me update it with a 3.12747473737 version.

Also: take that argument about cannabis is a drug or isn't a drug somewhere else, thank you.
With the baton issue I suggest just firing a vector with a limited range when someone fires the thing. Auto-unjailing would be simple work with schedules.
Edit: It'd probably be better to package function Armor::onCollision, on second thought. The handcuff item is a good example of this.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 07:38:58 PM by Johnny Blockhead »

-snip-
Quote from: Wikipedia
A drug is, in the broadest of terms, a chemical substance that has known biological effects on humans or other animals. Foods are generally excluded from this definition, in spite of their physiological effects on animal species
By that definition, basically anything and everything we consume is a drug
Why are foods not included? They might as well be considered drugs too if they have effects on the body/mind. (Not to mention all the drugs they actually do put in our food these days).

You can't just take something that grows in the wild and call it a drug, at that point it is still just a plant (even if it's a poisonous plant, it's still just a plant). It actually has to be made into a drug from the plant

Sorry, just trying to defend mother nature here, constantly being accused of being a drug, etc.
These things would still be just "plants" if man hadn't turned them into "drugs"
Not to get off topic or anything, (even though it's sorta on-topic).

OP: This add-on is ok, but could use quite a bit of work. For instance, you don't need 2 packages inside your script for something like this. One package is fine, throw the Self Delete overwrite function in with the "ChatDumbstuff" package (nice name btw) and delete the package.cs

Also, how about setting a release position as well?
Instead of re-spawning the player.

few things:
exec("Add-Ons/Server_RPJailing/chatting.cs");
exec("Add-Ons/Server_RPJailing/packages.cs");
why?
the only code in packages.cs is this:
package PlayerRespawns
{   
    function serverCmdSelf Delete(%client)
            {
                if(%client.isJailed)
                {
                        return;
                }
                   parent::serverCmdSelf Delete(%client);
            }

};
activatePackage(PlayerRespawns);
just add that to the main script and get rid of the exec(); thing

2. namecheck.txt is not needed anymore, that was some old thing for RTB
3. rather than using all of those else if's, just use a switch
switch$(variable) {
case "crime1":
code;
case "crime2":
code;
}
not gonna spoonfeed it to you, though, because then you wont learn anything
oh and for switches that check for numbers, just remove the " and the $
4. you don't need a package, you aren't changing any pre-existing function around. but if you use that to keep it organized, be my guest
echo("RP Jailing 3.0 activated successfully. Made by Metario, ID 5167");
please don't do this. your name is in description.txt, and nobody other than the host can see the echo.

overall, cool.
this is just constructive criticism, im not bashing your code.

Thanks for your input, I'll take those into consideration, main reason why I seperated them into the different packages was because they didn't work as well combined.

2. namecheck.txt is not needed anymore, that was some old thing for RTB

4. you don't need a package, you aren't changing any pre-existing function around. but if you use that to keep it organized, be my guest

Name checks are used so that if a file is CRC'd or if someone steals an add-on and renames it and forgets about the namecheck file, the add-on won't execute. It's actually kinda cool but mostly pointless unless your using it in other scripts.

Also, he does need the package for the Self Delete function he is overwriting
(so people can't Self Delete in jail ofc)

You clearly have no idea what psychoactive stimulants are so why are you having this argument pretending to be smart while you're actually just making a fool out of yourself?

Name checks are used so that if a file is CRC'd or if someone steals an add-on and renames it and forgets about the namecheck file, the add-on won't execute. It's actually kinda cool but mostly pointless unless your using it in other scripts.

Also, he does need the package for the Self Delete function he is overwriting
(so people can't Self Delete in jail ofc)

did not notice the Self Delete function, whoops

You clearly have no idea what psychoactive stimulants are so why are you having this argument pretending to be smart while you're actually just making a fool out of yourself?
I'm hungry
>Eats food
I am now mentally and physically "stimulated".

I feel "good" and "satisfied" and "happy". Then usually when my metabolism kicks in I feel "energized" and then a bit later I tend to feel "sleepy"
Are these the "stimulated" feelings you're talking about?
Sounds like pretty average stuff

did not notice the Self Delete function, whoops
Yeah, although I'm not sure whats up with everything else being packaged. Nothing in the chatting.cs needs packaged. Honestly, since this is such a slim add-on, I would just put everything in the server.cs

Take Setro's suggestion though and use cases instead of all those if's, and you will definitely save some byte space and have much cleaner looking code

Why bother typing out a new answer when i could just quote my old one that still perfectly applies.

arent psychoactive drugs stimulants, depressants, narcotics, and hallucinogens?