Combustion Bending, or blowing things up with your BRAIN

Author Topic: Combustion Bending, or blowing things up with your BRAIN  (Read 6163 times)

Combustion Bending
An add-on recreation from TV series Avatar: The Last Airbender

The first demonstration seen during the show:

Impressive, right? Well, I thought I'd be fun to recreate it.

Of course, just a screenshot of the tattoo itself won't demonstrate this well enough. This must be seen in practice. Therefore, the ever-kind and wise Visolator made a video testing it.

Like what you see?
Download it here

Notes: Most of this is obvious, but I think this info is good just in case. You must hold down long enough to breathe in fully, charging up for the shot. This also highly benefits from you keeping Particle quality settings at Best, as it makes heavy use of said particles. Also, in order to fit the Inventory gui label, it is named in-game "Spark Bend". This also temporarily removes any headgear while you equip it.

Credits
Model - Narkro555
Coding - Narkro555
Coding help - Pecon7, Jetz
Testing - Pecon7, PowerDag, Visolator
Promotion - Visolator
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 10:00:09 PM by Narkro555 »

Sparky Sparky Boom Man!

... but then the fire nation attacked.

COMBUSTION MAN VS TEAM BOOMERANG TDM

I like it, but I feel it needs to be quicker!

Next we need....uhh Lightning?

I've gained so much more faith in those of you that made sparky boom boom man references

I like it, but I feel it needs to be quicker!

Next we need....uhh Lightning?
Watch the last season of avatar or actually read the description, there's a charge (drawing breath in.) The character this is based off of can't just rapid fire, because it's such a powerful form of bending.
Lightning would be cool but then we're just getting more and more complex. What about fire benders who can deflect a lightening attack? Or when toph hits combustion man's forehead mid charge causing him to lose his power AND causing an explosion on the spot?
Water bending, then blood bending? Metal bending?

I watched all of avatar I'm sorry I'm kind of a fanatic
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 12:20:24 AM by AdinX »

Or when toph hits combustion man's forehead mid charge causing him to lose his power AND causing an explosion on the spot?
It didn't cause an explosion on the spot. He exploded when he tried to shoot an explosion after being hit in the head.

I meant it in the sense that anytime he tried to shoot it would explode at his forehead. Kinda difficult to explain, but you seem to have gotten it better than I did.

An avatar weapon pack would be pretty cool tbh. If you see the duels that go on, toph can cover herself in rock armor (possibly metal since she figured that out,) Aang can basically go anywhere between the floor and the ceiling and then hit you with an air dart (not seen in the show, discussed between myself and friends on my server long ago,) katara eventually could've learned blood bending, and Zuko learns how to avoid being 1-hit KO'd by lightening.

There's room for a lot of REALLY cool weapons and abilities

Its sparky sparky boom man!