Slayer 4 Testing and Development

Poll

Do you have any interest in using the Search and Destroy gamemode? (I'm considering dropping support for it)

Yes.
5 (41.7%)
No.
7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Slayer 4 Testing and Development  (Read 29327 times)

Donations are used to pay
for greek2me.us, which hosts
Slayer-related services.
Slayer
Advanced Game Mode System

What's new?
This release doesn't change much in the way of looks or features. However, this is a near-complete rewrite of Slayer's game mode APIs which now give modders the ability to fully customize their game modes and create far more intricate configurations. This is a major improvement over the old game mode system.

Features such as the new team list GUI and others will likely come as the testing phase continues.

So why download it?
While Slayer 4 isn't complete yet, I'd like some feedback from the community. You can be a part of that and can help make this mod even better.

Modders, read here!
If you've previously created or plan on creating a game mode or add-on for Slayer, please read the WIP modding documentation, available here: https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/wiki/Modding

This details the new API. (or will soon)

Downloads
The beta is over. Please see the main Slayer topic for downloads: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=256245.0

Run into problems? Don't post on the Help board! Post here.

Because lots of our Russian friends are downloading this version:

Привет! Спасибо за использование Slayer. Помните, что это может все еще есть проблемы. Наслаждайтесь!

I found a problem!
Awesome! Report the issue here and I'll take a look.

Known Issues:
  • Bot pathing does not yet work.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 12:43:06 PM by Greek2me »

aww yeah
time to test

oh and to anyone who missed the slayer bots: yes they're working in this version
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 02:09:16 AM by gr8dayseth »

Is that bug fixed where sometimes when you first spawn, you don't have any items and cant pick any up?

Is that bug fixed where sometimes when you first spawn, you don't have any items and cant pick any up?

I've never heard of/seen it before so maybe? Skin color bug is fixed though.

I don't know if it's fixed in this version or not (haven't tested) but in the previous version there was a bug in the territory gamemode. I had 5 capture points set up and had the game set to win when a team took all five and held them for one minute. When one team captured the fifth point sometimes the 1 minute hold timer wouldn't start. This happened when the other team was in the middle of re capturing a point. e.g. Team A just captured all five points, but team B was already capturing another point. Team B was stopped, and team A has all five points, but the hold time countdown never started.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 03:46:56 PM by Bosie1997 »

I can't to seem to save any presets

Finally! Good job lol.

last time i checked, i could not spawn bots
not in version 4 though

I don't know if it's fixed in this version or not (haven't tested) but in the previous version there was a bug in the territory gamemode. I had 5 capture points set up and had the game set to win when a team took all five and held them for one minute. When one team captured the fifth point sometimes the 1 minute hold timer wouldn't start. This happened when the other team was in the middle of re capturing a point. e.g. Team A just captured all five points, but team B was already capturing another point. Team B was stopped, and team A has all five points, but the hold time countdown never started.

I think that I fixed this a little bit ago. It was a problem with Slayer, not the Territory mode, so using Slayer 4 might fix it. Let me know.

last time i checked, i could not spawn bots
not in version 4 though

That is fixed in v4.

Game tells me I can't see end of round report because I don't have slayer when I am playing on servers that have previous versions.

Game tells me I can't see end of round report because I don't have slayer when I am playing on servers that have previous versions.

Yep, it's not compatible.

I cant believe that someone already took greek2.me

Question: How do i use the bot Rally points and Path nodes?

The basic gist of it is as follows:

slayer.pathHandler.FunctionNa me(..);