Poll

Do you have any interest in using the Search and Destroy gamemode? (I'm considering dropping support for it)

Yes.
5 (41.7%)
No.
7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Slayer 4 Testing and Development  (Read 29308 times)

OK. I have tried very hard and experimented a whole lot to get these path nodes to work. Before the update that made bots impossible for the mod, it was easy. Place capture point, color it white, place path nodes of correlating colors for the teams leading to the capture point. Bots rush to the capture point and STAY on it until it is captured. Now, that doesn't work.

I've tried placing rally points, littering the whole map with path nodes, and even running blockland on a separate computer, but alas, I can't figure it out. Do they uh...work anymore? I've read breadfishes post and seen your post about the new pathfinding, so I know you're working on it and not particularly worried about fixing something you're going to redo anyway. But yeah...can't get them to even recognize the path nodes. You've also gotten this before, but bots are spawning randomly off of their spawns without any weapons. That one just started. To make things weirder, when I event a bot to go to a brick on this laptop, it won't go. But on my other computer, it will. Figuring that's on my end, but idk. Sorry for the long post, but I had to get it off my chest. o_o. Hard to code and quality check a mod all on your own right? Hehe....eeeeeehhhh....

Thanks for the bug report, but I have actually removed all functionality from the path nodes. They shouldn't do anything. In the last alpha there is no way to do bot pathfinding as the new system is still a work-in-progress.

Hard to code and quality check a mod all on your own right? Hehe....eeeeeehhhh....
Stay classy.

You should add a gamemode callback for players getting damaged.

I think I found a bug. when I create a new minigame then click on one of my favorites my teams get rearranged making the Oncapture(team1) event work on a different team.

For example blu team is team one while red team is team 2. when I end minigame and load the same favorite red team is changed to team 1 while blue team is changed to team 2, making the event trigger the other team's events.

I hope I explained this enough to understand my problem.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 09:36:19 PM by waterdoom13 »

Ah, another thing I was thinking about concerning the bots, (since that's apparently the only thing I care about on Blockland anymore) is their fighting tactics. More specifically, keeping their distance from their enemies. I'm aware that the code is already implemented into the hole bot, but it doesn't work. I don't know why, but they won't backpedal once their attack code overrides their movement. The melee works fine though.

But, maybe it would be easier to just use the code that bots call when their unarmed and running away? They could just keep shooting at you as they do it and stop running away after a set time or other trigger. This would add some variety to the fights, making the player take the bots seriously and not be able to predict the usual rushdown tactic they often use. Like zombies with guns. I've given zombies guns. They're nearly identical. XD

I've tried to do this myself, but the code just rewrites itself back to normal once I start Blockland. Some things I change stick, and other things don't for no apparent reason. As usual, I'll keep fiddling, but this was just a thought. Not necessarily needed, but it would be really cool. I think Amade got it right with his bot events. You just had to event it to the bot in-game with the prefersranged event.

So this has working bots, eh? Good. I really hate that blockland *almost* has teams set up, but the players are all on the same team. I have an RP where there are bots guarding the base, but they either fire on everyone or nobody.

So this has working bots, eh? Good. I really hate that blockland *almost* has teams set up, but the players are all on the same team. I have an RP where there are bots guarding the base, but they either fire on everyone or nobody.

Do you have them evented to a team and to attack an apposing team? Either way, if you're playing against them with some friendly bots of your own, the friendly fire will make you rage quit and trash the build entirely. Slayer solves that problem, which is one of the reasons it's a great mod. Try experimenting with them. For now, they only really work in team death-matches. You can experiment and create your own zombie defense if you want. The slayer bots shoot at hole bots now, so it's easier to set up. Greek is redoing the pathing so that you can play CTF or CP with them later on. Bot's are sadly massively under-appreciated in Blockland in my humble opinion. :'(

If you have a ghost brick and you start/end a minigame and then you place another ghost brick, you have two ghost bricks.

Save, clear all bricks, load.

Save, clear all bricks, load.
The point is that it's a bug that needs to be fixed.

Yeah, but until it's fixed, you can use that.

You should add this to Blockland Glass so people can get automatic updates.

please fix the uniform bug in the latest slayer release, or make CTF compatible with slayer 4. thanks

Will death messages be fixed?
Example: I have this code:
AddDamageType("RoastingFire",   '%1 died from the sun\'s heat.',    '%1 died from the sun\'s heat.', 1, 1);

It only puts the name, but not the rest of the message. It works fine when I am out of a slayer minigame.

Has anyone got the bots to filled player slots to work?I've been trying to figure this out for the past hour to no avail.