Making a Dragon

Author Topic: Making a Dragon  (Read 5738 times)

The wings look silly if they're any bigger / smaller. The inner sections are bigger because they do most of the work flying, the sections at the end are just the jazz hands

It should be like this

Yeah I guess the wings aren't perfect but I'm all out of motivation to remodel now that all the texture issues are fixed and it's successfully rigged. Just put the wings down as extra blocky as a style choice :P

EDIT: Just wanna say, it's not laziness if you knew what I've had to do going from sketchup to MS3D on a model with this many meshes and sketchup groups not transferring..

Basically I've had to regroup every colour for every part in MS3D. Then rename those groups from "mesh384" to "head_beige1" "head_red1" etc (individually because fuc MS3D). Then I export the model and check it in game for texture issues. Then fix all those issues. Then export again. More issues, more fixes.  I've done that whole process about 4 times now just for slight tweaks to the model based on criticisms. It's turned out better because of this and I love you guys for doing it but if I could just reference you to this video about how I feel about remodeling wings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlpYAaS2Efc
I can't put myself through the regrouping, renaming and retexturing.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 03:57:57 PM by Jervan »

Eh.  If this were irl, its wings would be like a chicken's wings—used to get just a bit higher, but not for gliding or flying.  For future reference, look at the "high lift" wing type on birds, and then try to follow that contour.

By the IRL logic, it would leave its feet behind :cookieMonster:

By the IRL logic, it would leave its feet behind :cookieMonster:

Where'd he get the idea to make something so insane?

Don't worry, still working on it :)

To be honest, I think the current wing design works well enough. They fit with the overall style of the model pretty well.

Sorry about the lack of updates, started 2 new jobs. Will be working 48 hrs in the span of about 4 days so I'll get back into this once I can. I got flying working the way I want though so not much longer!