Author Topic: Got DDosed, probably by MrZand (BLID 46097)  (Read 2742 times)

/support i was on a server with him and he called me fat :(

It might be Smooths DOS thińg

You could simply write a loop to connect to a server

If he is connected to Spencer and we find out, Badspot said he is an autoban

If he is connected to Spencer and we find out, Badspot said he is an autoban
FaZe Spencer is the spencer, and is already revoked from the framing drama. i'm not sure if MrZand is connected to him but it's a safe assumption that he is.

Link?
Also I'm not sure if that can stop punch packets from being sent, just them entering the server.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=270783.0

Oh stuff they found a way to use a toaster as a digital weapon
 /support
 /bump

Oh stuff they found a way to use a toaster as a digital weapon
 /support
 /bump
man why did you bump this only to reply with a stupid comment

When I hosted, occasionally people would try to connect, and their client would send lots of punch packets, and I'd see them in console, but they would never make it in. The client sends lots of them in a row before giving up. It only happened to some people. Something to do with our network configurations.

I'd like to point out the difference between what is usually meant by "distributed denial of service attack" and what this appears to me to be, "six people trying to connect."

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=270783.0
Torquescript cannot do anything about a DoS attack. I was able to make High Performance BlockNet servers immune to these attacks by combining the already highly resilient network with some software I wrote to detect and block the attackers with the system firewall. This is different from normal DoS attacks, because it targets Blockland specifically by making connection requests. It hardly has to use any bandwidth to send enough requests to overwhelm a server, so simply firewalling the attackers is a plenty effective solution.