Author Topic: [Event] Fake Wand Brick v2.0  (Read 4966 times)

Note that this has no maximum limit and can cause massive lag if you use it on a baseplate/support

Whoops, yeah there isn't a limit to what you can fake kill. Gonna add that to the OP.

I believe there is a brick function to get the brick above the current brick.

If it's %brick.getUpBrick(%i); you're talking about, then I'm already using it.

Edit:

-snip-

The whole structure would get destroyed because all of the bricks are getting checked in a similar fashion to this:

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 05:24:29 AM by Element »

Perhaps add a bool, which when checked will only affect up Bricks?

The whole structure would get destroyed because all of the bricks are getting checked in a similar fashion to this:
Looks like you need to re-think how you want to pull this off, as that shouldn't happen

so basically right now the system selects the bricks to fakekill exactly the way the duplicator selects them to duplicate them?

so basically right now the system selects the bricks to fakekill exactly the way the duplicator selects them to duplicate them?

Pretty much, yeah.

Whoops, yeah there isn't a limit to what you can fake kill. Gonna add that to the OP.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/UDOLjco.png[/img
ew, yeah not a fan of anything said in this post :P

So basically this selects all the bricks that the Duplicator will select.

Nice!

So basically this selects all the bricks that the Duplicator will select.

Nice!

It's a gift and a curse.

It's a gift and a curse.
a version that does that would certainly still be convenient.. but an actual wand effect would be so much more practical in many of the situations you'd use something like this.  Surely there's a way for the bricks to be checked in the way the wand checks them... since the wand checks them that way.

yeah add a checkbox that changes from duplicator to wand selection

yeah add a checkbox that changes from duplicator to wand selection

Done something similar to this. I've added a checkbox which when left unchecked, will behave as before. When checked, the addon will only check and fake kill bricks above the activated one.

This is probably the closest I can get it for now.

PS. still no brick limit

you should add a pref for a limit
0 for no limit

And why we need this?
So you can make like cool structures that will fall if you destroy the base of them in minigames, or something else cool like that.