Server-sided Radar

Author Topic: Server-sided Radar  (Read 957 times)

I'm pretty surprised that there hasn't been a server-sided radar released yet. (at least not
one that I can find) But I can partially understand why at the same time.

I just want to use this for TDMs and whatnot. If this isn't something that shouldn't be
handed out, that's totally acceptable.

I had one working one time

A friend had created one for a server he was an admin on that tracked not only the players but also bots. It was neat, but I don't know what became of it, though it is proven entirely feasible to do. It wasn't in-game though, it was on some website.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 10:53:22 AM by Xealyth »

guis are client sided???

and mods can be client and server sided, while kind of obnoxious it's doable
I think I'd prefer something similar to borderlands 1, how there was a bar showing the direction of the goal/players
in that way it would work with bottomprint

I'm pretty sure there have been server sided radars, just not released, because it might failbin

Yeah well it is possible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhfvWLLFZBg

The only thing different about this and what I'm asking for is that it's fully client.

(btw this wasn't released because of obvious reasons)

I'll consider making one, will be interesting.

Hopefully it doesn't get fail binned since it's only doing client/server communication only with position updates.

Hopefully it doesn't get fail binned since it's only doing client/server communication only with position updates.
This will be interesting! You don't have to publicly release it. Just let me know when you're through

I made a server sided aimbot I doubt yours will be fail binned

Made mine from scratch except for 4 lines of math, but it works well, now I need to do the math for making it not visible when it hits the picture outline boundary.

Made mine from scratch except for 4 lines of math, but it works well, now I need to do the math for making it not visible when it hits the picture outline boundary.
just check the distance if it's a circle
if it's a square then check distance separately for x and y axises for half of the width/height

if it's some other shape then wtf
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 10:45:54 AM by Swollow »

It's a circle, I've tried detecting the distance, but depending on where it is on the edge it cannot detect it correctly.

I might change it to a square since it would be easier.