Author Topic: what to do about this feeling of "I want to run away from everyone I know"  (Read 1042 times)

Don't eat too many slices, though. You'll have better luck finding a new partner if you're in the best shape you can be.
Speaking of which, work out.
Like 15 mins a day helps a lot. More is great.
It makes you feel good.
You don't need to go to a gym or anything, just do the simple stuff.

If you really want to do it, start driving, get on the freeway, and start screaming as loud as you can for a while.

If you still feel like you want to jump ship when you're done with that, go home, clandestinely pack your bags, collect all your money including from the bank, and drive off.  If you do feel better after that carry on as normal and repeat as needed.

What helps me, personally, is going for a walk.  Surrounded by nature, I literally have to force myself to think about my troubles; I go out for walks not to collect my thoughts, but to escape them, and it works like a charm.

Sounds to me though like you're still in the thick of your emotions and you just want to stew in your own juices.  So if you like, put Simon and Garfunkel on repeat, write your incoherent emotional ramblings down on paper (I recommend burning said paper soon after, or burying it if you see fit), and let the pain flow for a while; just be sure to pull out of your tailspin after a couple weeks.

When you've independently reached the conclusion that you won't always feel this way, go outside and do some hard work that makes you sweat buckets, it'll dispel whatever's left of your pains.

That's what's worked for me in past and present.
i wouldn't take any advice from fratricide frank over here

what's wrong with that besides the first two

I seriously contemplated killing my Morningstar/Taciturn (my brother).  It's been years since the night I tried to strangle him twice, and after that my own determination to be a good brother and a good person, and his own maturing, created a strong bond.  But after years of him being my best friend I learned that the person I loved was a facade hiding a worm.  I don't handle betrayal well it seems.  So yeah, I listened to Hey Joe a hundred times and learning that Panama doesn't do extradition I gave serious consideration to putting a knife between his fourth and fifth ribs while he slept and driving off into the middle of nowhere to lie low.  In fact, one of my reasons for typing all of this out is so that my plan is known and hopefully the knowledge that such a murder would be irreversibly linked to me will act as an added layer of protection against actually doing it.
guys a psycho.

things suck, no doubt, but running away from problems is not what you want to do.  think about what you really want and don't let this funk get you down
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 04:03:36 PM by Camel »

things suck, no doubt, but running away from problems is not what you want to do.  think about what you really want and don't let this funk get you down

What i want I can't have :p

What i want I can't have :p
be honest, then.

did you really feel this way before you broke up with your girlfriend? this unending uncomfortableness?

go to disneyworld

be honest, then.

did you really feel this way before you broke up with your girlfriend? this unending uncomfortableness?

nope. not feeling comfortable anywhere after we broke up.

nope. not feeling comfortable anywhere after we broke up.
then it's that.

then it's that.

so i just get to feel uncomfortable

there's not a fix to everything. sometimes you're just gonna feel uncomfortable.

i wouldn't take any advice from fratricide frank over here
For your information he's alive and well, and so far as it depends upon me, will remain so.

Also, if it were really something I was going to act on, you wouldn't read about it on the forums; you'd read about it in the papers.  Even in the heat of my anger (the worst of which is past) I've enough cunning not to make any intentions clear before something serious like that, or to speak about it afterwards.

When you're in a dark place, you say dark things.  It takes a lot to derail my inner calm, and I was pushed well past the brink by the guy.  Not to put too fine a point on it, but so far as I'm aware, none of you know what happened to bring things to that point, and if you do you only have one side of the story; to condemn my words, my feelings, or my intentions without having a fuller knowledge of the matter is foolish.

Anyhow, that's the last I'm going to say about that or try to defend myself.  Those who will consider me murderous and unstable will do so no matter what I say, and those who believe otherwise will need no further evidence that I can provide.