13 (11.5%)
"Let's Go To Space For No Goddamn Reason" theme
16 (14.2%)
Other (post in thread)
4 (3.5%)
Dream/Hallucination theme
3 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Favorite Level Types in Video Games (not music)  (Read 1112 times)

mechanical theme and sky theme or mechanical theme and castle theme or sky theme and castle theme...all of these combinations are a winner for me

space

mostly because of the sonic games

mechanical and sky are pretty cool too
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 05:13:44 AM by The Resonte! »

How about dream sequence levels? Like that weird scene in Fallout 3 Point Lookout, the hallucinations in Far Cry 3, those stupid dreams in Mass Effect 3. Recently played through Dying Light and even it had one, apparently to meet the quota. Those are usually pretty interesting, even if they rarely accomplish anything.

How about dream sequence levels? Like that weird scene in Fallout 3 Point Lookout, the hallucinations in Far Cry 3, those stupid dreams in Mass Effect 3. Recently played through Dying Light and even it had one, apparently to meet the quota. Those are usually pretty interesting, even if they rarely accomplish anything.
Far Cry 3 giant monster thing battle was cool
never played Fallout 3 or Mass Effect 3
Dying Light's was loving stupid

Dying Light's was loving stupid
Well, so was most of the plot. Still some interesting visuals, though.

Other ones I can think of off the top of my head: Batman Arkham Asylum had the Scarecrow scenes, Borderlands: TPS had the Subconscious in its DLC, Bastion had that creepy scene in the swamp, and Psychonauts had half the goddamn game.

Underwater and desert music is super great, though I'm basing this mostly on Maplestory (which has incredible soundtracks)

do tell
i ain't tryna start an argument but from what i've played and seen of, dark souls is just hard because of the enemies do a ton of damage, other then that they're just straight-forward 'walk up and hit you sometimes do a special move' ai
but you see here
you're able to dish out as much/even more damage to enemies as they can to you, unless you're severely under-leveled

ruined fortress levels are neat

I love whenever a level is in a castle, castle walls/ramparts, or otherwise cramped areas. Like act III of Diablo 3, or Helm's Reach in the various LotR games.

Beach levels are awesome. It is like a vacation without leaving your house and you have super powers.

oh crap, thanks for reminding me that I left something out

do tell
i ain't tryna start an argument but from what i've played and seen of, dark souls is just hard because of the enemies do a ton of damage, other then that they're just straight-forward 'walk up and hit you sometimes do a special move' ai
i think both games have reads you have to calculate and you gotta know when to strike, but i know that punch out has a much more notable read on the things and you can't simply level up to beat people, but i think both games have avoidable instant ko moves that you have to avoid.

i don't really agree that dark souls has hardcore just to be hardcore i think it's to hammer in how dire it is to be in that environment and it is an amazing feat that someone barely human and living can go far but i find it fun, i know some people just don't like it though because yeah "prepare to die edition" is a bit much of a statement like "ya we're tuff like the nails"

i like how both games though when i look at youtube comments have people talking about frame data and "oh yeah i coulda done that just use a few estus drinks and use your star punch after his combo" and i also like how both, at least to me, are games where i know it's my fault when i mess up and not something else

Hallucination levels?

Defiantly apocalypse from hotline miami 2

anything but ice levels

jungle and mountainous ones r cool

so r caves :^))))