Author Topic: LOCKED  (Read 1253 times)

I was wondering this because I was recently looking at playertypes and how their animations are done through dsq files, I was wondering if I could separate some weapon animations into dsq so I can call them through playthread scripts. Is this possible?
i have gotten the animations all set up in .dsq format but im having this problem VVV

ok, so i have my weapon with its animations exported in .dsq, now i'm having the problem of how do i trigger them to play using playthread, i have tried %obj.getmountedimage(0).playthread(0, reload); but obviously that's looking for the weapon image not the shape itself, how can i call the shape to play a thread?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 08:17:31 PM by zombekillz »

I'm not sure. I DO know that you can export .dsqs if you're making an add-on, but I do not know if it will allow you to seperate them later. If I had to guess, you could use a TSShapeConstructor on an item/weapon. Both the player object and an item are part of ShapeBase in Torque.

Neat, perhaps ill give it a shot (pun detected) I wonder if when I export animations to dsq if the animation called by the image will still work. Probably will I suppose.

You can't call them through playthread. It must be done in the states of the weapon. I don't know if you can use DSQ's tho.

You can't call them through playthread. It must be done in the states of the weapon. I don't know if you can use DSQ's tho.

The player mode has its animations in dsq, then uses tsshape constructor to make them into animations callable through script, so if they are done the same way with weapons I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do such a thing.

I referenced the corrupted playertype to figure that out.

EDIT:
ok, so i have my weapon with its animations exported in .dsq, now i'm having the problem of how do i trigger them to play using playthread, i have tried %obj.getmountedimage(0).playthread(0, reload); but obviously that's looking for the weapon image not the shape itself, how can i call the shape to play a thread?
[/s]

found out how do do what i wanted, but playthread just dosen't work that way...
NOT POSSIBLE LOCKING
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 08:17:06 PM by zombekillz »