Hatmod - Hat Pack 3

Author Topic: Hatmod - Hat Pack 3  (Read 22807 times)

Dammit.
Boodals! We neeeeed you!

Here's my question: How'd this go undetected for so long? Or has the hatmod recently been updated?

I'm really surprised nobody noticed this sooner.

Here's my question: How'd this go undetected for so long? Or has the hatmod recently been updated?

I'm really surprised nobody noticed this sooner.
lot of people knew about this actually, he just recently made more hats

lot of people knew about this actually, he just recently made more hats
That's not what I meant. I was talking about the error I found which caused the random hat system to give you the same hat depending on which spot in the player list you were.

I guess everyone just enables "access all hats" and doesn't worry about the random hat system.

That's not what I meant. I was talking about the error I found which caused the random hat system to give you the same hat depending on which spot in the player list you were.

I guess everyone just enables "access all hats" and doesn't worry about the random hat system.
oh sorry I thought you were a different guy
I only noticed it after I got this one but when I saw that this pack was being worked on I realized that I didn't have any of nobody's packs, it worked previously quite a long time ago with just boodal's though.

I'm guessing that the amount of hats is flooding the randomizer.
If you want to test to confirm it, try removing hat packs from your addons folder and see if the function begins to work again. I'm currently not able to test this.

I've also contacted Boodals, the hat mod coder, about the issue.

I tried changing the line from
Code: [Select]
%hat = HatMod_HatSet.getObject(%i).hatName;to
%hat = HatMod_HatSet.getObject(%hat).hatName;which fixed the problem and let the randomizer work again as intended. The problem is fixed... for me at least.

I tried changing the line from
%hat = HatMod_HatSet.getObject(%i).hatName;to
%hat = HatMod_HatSet.getObject(%hat).hatName;which fixed the problem and let the randomizer work again as intended. The problem is fixed... for me at least.

I'll add this to the OP later tonight.
Perhaps even a mirror of the mod with the fix. (Permission granting)

Oh wow, so that explains that I guess..

Yeah feel free to post a fixed version in the OP, just make sure its based off the latest version from the topic, and change the version number slightly.

Ninja: Seeing my old, terrible code has motivated me to work on the rewrite a bit. Ill see if I can get something out soon.

The glow one has inverted normals in the preview for half of the model. Really nice pack though, thanks for making!

EDIT: The captain falcon hat is also called captian falcon in-game.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 02:50:04 PM by TheArmyGuy »

The glow one has inverted normals in the preview for half of the model. Really nice pack though, thanks for making!

EDIT: The captain falcon hat is also called captian falcon in-game.

Yeah, I wasnt sure how to get reverse faces to work in the preview at that point so I bootleged it.
As for the captain falcon hat: stuff. Guess I better fix and update my pack.

Ninja: Seeing my old, terrible code has motivated me to work on the rewrite a bit. Ill see if I can get something out soon.
Oh stuff, it's happening. I'd like to help with/be a part of this please.

UPDATE: Fixed a minor spelling error on the Captain Falcon hat
Re-download is recommended but not required.

Oh wow, so that explains that I guess..

Yeah feel free to post a fixed version in the OP, just make sure its based off the latest version from the topic, and change the version number slightly.

Holy cow I actually helped with something! I feel accomplished now. Best of luck!