Author Topic: *No VO release* The Warfare Pack (Discontinued)  (Read 11884 times)

The only problem I have with this pack is the jarring "I'm reloading!" that I have to hear every time I reload.
If you could release a version without it, that would be great.

Thats a good idea, ill release a version with out Voice overs soon. :D

Thats a good idea, ill release a version with out Voice overs soon. :D
Good to hear, the sounds are great otherwise.

no
no
no
go away.

Its okay, he actually makes a few good points.

(in a nutshell) whats this, a handfull of modeling errors, this pack sucks lololol

this is the final release

the scrips and stuff are good, yes the models aren't as good as the other modelers, but there still great

plus this pack is perfect for battlefeild type TDMS.

no
no
no
go away.

He was correct, though. If you want your models to fit, you have to fit the art style. If you don't fit the art style, it looks unnatural, it contrasts with everything and it looks out of place and awkward. It's all about the consistency.

This is why the most popular content for blockland mimics the art style. It looks like it fits in the game.

I don't understand why Narko555 has received so many negative comments, he makes some actual valid points when you're modelling weapons in Blockland.
Although this pack still has solid models they could've been improved if it was still worked on.

He was correct, though. If you want your models to fit, you have to fit the art style. If you don't fit the art style, it looks unnatural, it contrasts with everything and it looks out of place and awkward. It's all about the consistency.

This is why the most popular content for blockland mimics the art style. It looks like it fits in the game.
NONONONONO

I don't understand why Narko555 has received so many negative comments, he makes some actual valid points when you're modelling weapons in Blockland.
Although this pack still has solid models they could've been improved if it was still worked on.
I hate when people complain when things aren't "Blockland fitting". People like to model the way that they want.

I hate when people complain when things aren't "Blockland fitting". People like to model the way that they want.

Another good point

But i dont think you guys realize that Narko's intentions are not hostile. He can state his opinion. Though im sorry to inform you, Narko, that the build style will not be changed. I happen to think the blocko style is fitting, but too cartoonish, and really, all these guns in blockland do fit the blockland theme if you think about it, because they dont use meshes and textures exported from other games. They arent crazy detailed.

I know. I don't have the right to tell anyone to change their style. I'm just stating that they look out of place, and I think that's a reasonable criticism. In addition, there are still a lot of glaring modelling errors that show sloppy face connection and lack of quality testing. I don't see why I deserve negative responses. I wish people had given me this kind of criticism when I first started modelling.

this is the final release
I know. I'm not saying he sucks or insulting him. I'm giving him advice for any Blockland modelling he does in the future.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 12:32:09 AM by Narkro555 »

Narkro555

Thank you for your insight. I know you werent trying to diss on the pack at all.

Lets not start a fight, i want the comments to be used for feedback on what me and deadeye could do in the future, and things that we did right so we may keep using w/e we did right etc

If you haven't already started on the version without voiceovers, I could just make the edit quick and send it to you to upload here

If you haven't already started on the version without voiceovers, I could just make the edit quick and send it to you to upload here
If you have the time, remove the .wav files in the addon.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 11:01:27 AM by Sheepocalypse »

Editing the guns is as easy as taking out the WAVs in the voiceover folder, but the explosives are another beast, since the voiceovers are actually part of the pin-pulling sounds and such.