Poll

SERIOUSLY THO. SHOULD I CONTINUE TO UPDATE IN A DIFFICULT SITUATION?

YES (INFORMED VOTE)
NO (INFORMED VOTE)
YES (DID NOT READ)
NO (DID NOT READ)

Author Topic: [BLOCKADE BLASTERS] update 6, reset poll - BUT CAN I INTO WALLS?  (Read 9812 times)

WAIT, WHAT?
BLOCKADE BLASTERS is a quick (hopefully) forum game, a DESTROY THE WALL spinoff with some elements shamelessly bogarted from PASS OR FAIL.  You are various chuckleforgets hired to demolish a series of barriers, with or without defenses, by ANY means necessary.  You post an action ("I pull a ramjet out of my ass and ram it into the barricade"), and I ask the RNG what happens ("1, the jet explodes and kills you.")

ROLL GUIDE
Treat these like the unchangeable laws of physics or some stuff like that - they generally determine how hard that ramjet explodes or how hard you punch something.  Your actions can either go as expected, land a critical hit, or blow up in your face - depending on how random.org feels today.

Let's for example say you want to shoot the barricade with a gun:
1. OH GOD OH stuff - The bullet ricochets off the barricade and nails you in the head.  Heads, you survive but get hurt.  Tails, you're boned - details further below.  Generally something loving bad.
2. YOU forgetED UP - The gun blows up in your hands.  Your action fails and throws you on your ass, hurting you.
3. AWKWARD PAUSE - The gun promptly jams.  Literally nothing happens.  Imagine a tumbleweed rolling by when this occurs.
4. ACTION SUCCESS - The gun fires a round into the wall.  Your action behaves as intended, doing damage.
5. SUPER SUCCESS 64 - The gun empties itself into the wall.  You manage to go the extra mile and do a lot more damage. Generally the best option.
6. JESUS loving CHRIST! - The gun transforms into a rocket and blasts off into the wall, dragging you along.  You manage to do something loving outrageous, which does a stuffload of damage but has a half chance of hurting you as tradeoff.

You can also get caught in the collateral damage of another person's action, if you manage to get hurt.

HEALTH AND KNOCKOUTS
Generally you shouldn't be able to survive loving Terminator-killing amounts of damage unscathed.  You start off with 3 hearts - and those go down whenever you get particularily unlucky with rolls.  The nifty chart above shows what can get you hurt (in an eye-catching red), and all of these will substract a heart.

Run out of hearts (read: get forgeted by the RNG thrice), and you're temporarily out.  And then instructed to go to the bleachers, to feel bad.

If you get a particularily nasty roll of 1, you are INSTANTLY OUT.

TO THE BLEACHERS.

TO FEEL BAD.

If you're KO, you're encouraged to post something along the lines of "revive pls", "roll to escape the bleachers", "I wish for lighting to strike my corpse, so I may live again!" etc.  If I see these, I flip a coin.  Heads, you're back in the game.  Tails, you're still out.

BOOSTS
You can also forget attacking and instead opt to give someone a boost: +1 to their rolls, so that if they roll a 2 they get a 3 instead, and so on.  Rolling a 7 will cause them to blow up and die.  It also heals the target, or outright revives them if they're KO.

Just say "i'll assist %username" or something along these lines, and BAM.

OPPOSITION
Like mentioned above, you're wrecking various walls - which will try their hardest to survive and hinder you by various means.  Exerting an aura of authority, swearing like a sailor via an attached speaker, or just flatly shooting with a mounted turret.  They also have a rating attached, which is there to give you a general idea of "how long will it take to break this forgetass thing".

ROADBLOCK: 100.00%
 ╥─────────╥─────────╥─────────╥─────────╥─────────╥─────────╥─────────╥─────────╥─────────╥─────────
 ■▌▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ■▌████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

rating: weak

« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 04:54:50 PM by Cybertails1998 »

Could I join? I pull a sausage out of my pocket and attempt to beat the roadblock senseless with it.

Could I join? I pull a sausage out of my pocket and attempt to beat the roadblock senseless with it.
i assist via cheese sword (if im allowd in)

I fire my Carl Gustav at the wall.

I cast magic missile at the wall

i start constructing a large magnetic accelerator pointing at the walls behind the roadblock
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 03:44:13 AM by Tudoreleu »

UPDATE 1

TBER123:
4 - You grab a large sausage and vigorously bash the ROADBLOCK with it, with ZOLTAN cheering and joining in with his cheese sword.
MR. HURRICANE:
6 - You take a Carl Gustaf bazooka, load it to the brim with rockets, and pull the trigger.  Your noob-tube blasts off into the wall on its own, launching you a good distance and giving the ROADBLOCK a harsh bombardment.
SIRGIR:
6 - You whip out your wand and try to cast a magic missle, but get distracted by MR. HURRICANE's rocket launch and manage to fire a giant beam instead.  The surprise and force of the attack misplaces your magic wand inside your body.
RAGEQUIT:
5 - You give the ROADBLOCK the strongest punch you can muster, leaving some nice looking cracks on it.
TUDORELEU:
4 - You build up a large accelerator pointed straight at the ROADBLOCK, and roll a nice steel ball into it.  It blasts off into the wall with a satisfying BLAM.

PLAYERS
TBER123:
ZOLTAN:
MR. HURRICANE:
SIRGIR:
RAGEQUIT:
TUDORELEU:

ROADBLOCK: 43.65% (damage: -56.35%)
  ╥─────────╥─────────╥─────────╥─────────╥─────────╥─────────╥─────────╥─────────╥─────────╥─────────
 ■▌▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐
 ■▌████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▐

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 06:17:01 AM by Cybertails1998 »

I pour some milk on the roadblock.

I point and laugh violently at it

I mininuke the wall.

exboomload it with rocket launchy tube launcher

lenghten the accelerator. make it twice as long.

"shredder" type projectile. practically a metal porcupine.

make it happen.

Attempt to kill the wall by blasting smooth jazz at it.

so this is basically just YMDTW with more but weaker walls?

run at wall full sped