Author Topic: Anti Client_Trolling: Made by Visolator and Smooth  (Read 5296 times)

As many people know, Smooth recently created a script known as "Client_Trolling" which allows any server to be easily crashed/spammed.

This is what will happen if a player has possession of Client_Trolling and attempts to connect to your server.

Download the fix for this below.

Credit to Smooth (who regrets creating this and is now trying to fix it), Visolator, and Akio.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 04:13:44 PM by Akio »

I know there are vulnerabilities around this fix, so this won't do much. Even though I helped, I didn't know it would actually be released here. Pretty pointless if the person overwrites the client command.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 04:22:16 AM by Advanced Bot »

That's trivial to get around. It doesn't fix the vulnerability.

Also, what's up with the ugly messages? Fix your grammar before releasing add-ons
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 03:54:12 PM by Zeblote »

-this post is bad-
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 04:10:42 PM by Advanced Bot »

Why did you put my name on there? Great, now everyone thinks I'm a jerk again because of you. You're the one who took my name anyways, so what's up?

Why did you put my name on there? Great, now everyone thinks I'm a jerk again because of you. You're the one who took my name anyways, so what's up?
I fixed it and gave your name back.
Also, what's up with the ugly messages? Fix your grammar before releasing add-ons
I somewhat tried to fix it. English isn't my first language therefore my grammar isn't very good.

I somewhat tried to fix it. English isn't my first language therefore my grammar isn't very good.

Well your forum posts are fine so

i took it before akio lol

this is kind of terrible, lol

but it does open up ways to troll people who are on servers with this addon
just get them to type /trl_pong 1

That's what it does.

If you forced them to do that, you'd ban everyone !!

I'm not aware of the client sided script released, but can't you simply change the client command to something else which will void this whole thing completely?

I'm not aware of the client sided script released, but can't you simply change the client command to something else which will void this whole thing completely?
All of the files in Client_Trolling are encrypted in DSO.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:35:53 AM by Akio »

All of the files in Client_Trolling are encrypted in DSO.

But you can still override the client cmd to do nothing in the console.

That's what it does.

If you forced them to do that, you'd ban everyone !!
it's actually pretty difficult to force the client to do something

it's actually pretty difficult to force the client to do something
Obviously, I thought you were talking about forcing, such as serverCmdTRL_Pong(%client, 1), happy banning for everyone

Yeah; it would be best to just prevent almost everything that the client has. (Anything client-side only will never be patched anyway)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 04:20:35 AM by Advanced Bot »