BLC 2015 :: Event cancelled. Sorry guys. (Page 9 or see OP)

Author Topic: BLC 2015 :: Event cancelled. Sorry guys. (Page 9 or see OP)  (Read 11906 times)

All background images are taken from Mr.LoL's Blockland Photography Tumblr

EVENT CANCELLED
The event has been cancelled. More info here:
After some debating, I've decided to pull the cord and cancel the event. (sry mini and profit you have no decision on this kthx)

Two main reasons of cancelling the event are 1) nobody submitted their booths; and I really couldn't guarantee anyone was actually working on them. Thanks though to Conan and BRN for finishing and submitting your booths; they were great!
2) Vacation got in the way of things for me; I have not been able to work on the project for almost 2 weeks. I don't want to rush this and have a crappy event. I may return the project; but there will be some major changes if I do.

If I do return this project; no more booths unless I have the actual booth in my hands before I reserve the spot. This is the EXACT same reason the last Blockoworld was cancelled. Nobody finished their booth. I'll also probably make this less convention-y; sessions were most likely going to be dull and boring.

I'd like to give a few thanks to some people who helped out the project in some way:
Hawt/Profitman - for helping out a TON; messing around with eval; being rude about my railing choices and just being a good partner to build this.
Mini - for being the event planner; even though we really only got to plan the basics. He was still a good critic!
Aidan12 (or is it 10 I can't remember sry) - Booth builder who got his finished and submitted. Thanks!
Conan - got his booth submitted too! Thanks.
Blockland Racing Network - got their booth done too. Thanks.

^These guys were great in helping. I can't thank you guys enough and I apologize this didn't happen. Maybe someday me or someone else will pull this off, it's a fun concept. We made it very far but just couldn't hit the home stretch. Thanks again.

Anyways I'll still be around working on a few of my other projects. Some guy was bossing me around on what to make next. simon says confirmeddddddddd

But yeah, thanks guys. I'll leave this topic open for a little while in case anyone wants any further discussion.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 10:31:50 PM by Blake1Studios »

gotta love the title involving a save you never made

gotta love stolen concepts

Don't listen to them Blake, I support this as long as you stay dedicated to it. I'll make a Falling Tiles booth once more progress is made on this.

gotta love the title involving a save you never made
All background images are taken from Mr.LoL's Blockland Photography Tumblr
will probably change to a picture of the convention center built, but it's still a mess.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=281762.0
gotta love stolen concepts
I am aware of the other topic; the purpose of this isn't for servers coming out. It's for all things blockland.

I am aware of the other topic; the purpose of this isn't for servers coming out. It's for all things blockland.
you guys have somewhat similar goals, why not try collabing?

if this goes well then hopefully it will be really cool

if this goes well then hopefully it will be really cool
Yeah hopefully, virtual Blockland conventions have always been a fun concept. No one has ever implemented it very well though.

you guys have somewhat similar goals, why not try collabing?
Collaboration sounds cool if Cpython is up for it.

lol I wasn't saying that I hate your concept and everything about it
I just don't like when people use screenshots from builds which they never made

August 22nd? Thats my birthday! lol

whatever happened to the video game convention? the one where people made minigames with events.

whatever happened to the video game convention? the one where people made minigames with events.
do you have a link to the topic