Author Topic: Brickgroup Wand - Convert bricks to another brickgroup  (Read 6672 times)

does it have backdoors

does it have backdoors
is this a trend now

dragonoid isnt the kind of guy to intentionally put in a backdoor so i highly doubt it. but what does my word count for, anyways?

im stupid ty quad
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 10:01:42 PM by Conan »

is this a trend now

dragonoid isnt the kind of guy to intentionally put in a backdoor so i highly doubt it. but what does my word count for, anyways?
Made by Visolator, a tool for the CityRPG
Reminder: I, DragonoidSlayer, do not take any credit for this mod. Visolator created it, and I am just posting it.

i made a version of the mod a long time ago and released it under the name of "ownershipper" :(
edit if this uses a novel brick-selection algorithm then it probably beats mine - i just modified the duplicator which made it buggy as stuff, and probably won't work now or something
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 10:29:04 PM by Lugnut »

Would it be possible to set two ID's? Cuz then editing bricks would be even easier with people that you don't want to give trust to.
Nope. Ownership is determined by which brickgroup it belongs to. An object may only be in one simgroup at a time.

dragonoid isnt the kind of guy to intentionally put in a backdoor so i highly doubt it. but what does my word count for, anyways?[/s]
Lol, I didnt script it as you know now. But when have I put backdoors into anything?

Is there a reason it can not be spawned on bricks in non-custom gamemodes? Apologies for the bump.

Is there a reason it can not be spawned on bricks in non-custom gamemodes? Apologies for the bump.
I don't know for sure because I didn't make this, but if I had a guess.
1. The add-on is not exxecuted or enabled, hence you cannot spawn it
2. All of the brickgroups have not been added to the wand,  so it won't be refreshed on the bricks (idfk)

According to the code it looks like it can be spawned on any brick, maybe you were a little silly and forgot to enable this add-on :P

may I ask why it doesn't use 888888?
It would be quite useful to be able to change them into public bricks

I don't know for sure because I didn't make this, but if I had a guess.
1. The add-on is not exxecuted or enabled, hence you cannot spawn it
2. All of the brickgroups have not been added to the wand,  so it won't be refreshed on the bricks (idfk)
According to the code it looks like it can be spawned on any brick, maybe you were a little silly and forgot to enable this add-on :P

The add-on is included and I made it so the bricks loaded are the hosts, System_ReturnToBlockland is also loaded so it will load the rtb prefs. The item can be used with /brickgroupwand yet spawning the item is impossible. It appears in the item menu yet nothing will appear on the brick once selected. All add-ons being used are the same as I normally use in custom, the point of it being a gamemode is for quickstarting the server. The fact that there are bricks loaded on startup is also irrelevant for any bricks you place afterwards will not spawn brick either.

The add-on is included and I made it so the bricks loaded are the hosts, System_ReturnToBlockland is also loaded so it will load the rtb prefs. The item can be used with /brickgroupwand yet spawning the item is impossible. It appears in the item menu yet nothing will appear on the brick once selected. All add-ons being used are the same as I normally use in custom, the point of it being a gamemode is for quickstarting the server. The fact that there are bricks loaded on startup is also irrelevant for any bricks you place afterwards will not spawn brick either.
Are you using the dedicated launcher shortcut, because if you are, you might have to leave and rejoin your server. Commands work differently than using the wrench, and hoping to find the item on the item list.
You also say that you are starting your server as if it were custom, but not using custom. How does this work? Gamemodes other than custom have set addons to use. Unless you are to exec the Add-On in game, i'm not sure how you would be able to enable it. Once you get into your server, and your player is spawned, input this into the server console:
Code: [Select]
setModPaths(getModPaths());exec("Add-ons/Tool_BrickgroupWand/server.cs");transmitdatablocks();

You also say that you are starting your server as if it were custom, but not using custom. How does this work? Gamemodes other than custom have set addons to use. 
  • Enabling Add-Ons

To enable Add-Ons for gamemodes you have to add them to the gamemode.txt file.

If you wanted to add the rocket launcher for example, you would do this.

ADDON Weapon_Rocket_Launcher

It is pretty straightforward. I put all the add-ons I normally use into the gamemode.txt so I can quickly launch the server and all of its settings. I have ADDON Tool_BrickgroupWand in there. For some reason the item can not spawn on bricks or function (I just learned that on attempting to use it.)[/list]

It is pretty straightforward. I put all the add-ons I normally use into the gamemode.txt so I can quickly launch the server and all of its settings. I have ADDON Tool_BrickgroupWand in there. For some reason the item can not spawn on bricks or function (I just learned that on attempting to use it.)[/list]
    Can you do:
    setModPaths(getModPaths());exec("Add-ons/Tool_BrickgroupWand/server.cs");transmitdatablocks();And tell me if it works or not? If not, then the wand has a problem, if so, then you are doing something wrong.

Can you do:
    setModPaths(getModPaths());exec("Add-ons/Tool_BrickgroupWand/server.cs");transmitdatablocks();And tell me if it works or not? If not, then the wand has a problem, if so, then you are doing something wrong.
    It does not work.