Author Topic: My addon appears in RTB but not the addon manager when you click single player?  (Read 1105 times)

Also not only that, the playertype doesn't appear at all! I think I've got everything right but it still doesn't appear.
Heres the file
http://www.mediafire.com/download/tkatk21beiasl6i/Player_SanicFast.zip
Note: Sorry if you don't like me posting often here, Im new to the programming community
please help .-.

You have syntax errors in your add-on. Here's a couple of them:
Code: [Select]
uiname = "SuparSanicFast"
showEnergyBar = false:

They need to have semi-colons at the end of the line. This: ; not this: :. There's other ones in the code. Make sure you fix all of them.

don't lock this thread once you fix it as well

don't lock this thread once you fix it as well
why not

And also, It still doesnt work
updated file
http://www.mediafire.com/download/anefm3h3mzjjhi7/Player_SanicFast.zip
Please forgive me if there is another error .-.

why not
because if there is another issue that you don't see nobody will probably help you
locking topics in this section hurts your learning, and it doesn't promote discussion about coding which is the point of this sub-forum

because if there is another issue that you don't see nobody will probably help you
locking topics in this section hurts your learning, and it doesn't promote discussion about coding which is the point of this sub-forum
ah ok, thanks,
but still, do you know whats wrong with my code?

I fixed it!
I'm so stupid, the namecheck was incorrect!
Should I still lock it?

I fixed it!
I'm so stupid, the namecheck was incorrect!
Should I still lock it?
here's a little secret: add-ons don't actually need a namecheck.txt
idk why it's used, maybe someone else knows

Should I still lock it?
No,  never lock coding help threads

here's a little secret: add-ons don't actually need a namecheck.txt
idk why it's used, maybe someone else knows

I believe it's for when you define a path to a file in your add-on, like if you did shape = "Add-ons/Weapon_Gun/gun.dts"; instead of doing the smart thing and using expandFileName. It stops it from breaking if people rename the add-on.

I believe it's for when you define a path to a file in your add-on, like if you did shape = "Add-ons/Weapon_Gun/gun.dts"; instead of doing the smart thing and using expandFileName. It stops it from breaking if people rename the add-on.
this is actually pretty useful to know. this is why you don't lock coding help threads, bow, because stuff like this can pop up and you learn something and it helps the coding community overall

this is actually pretty useful to know. this is why you don't lock coding help threads, bow, because stuff like this can pop up and you learn something and it helps the coding community overall

And also because other people could have similar problems, and so they can re-use a topic instead of creating a duplicate.
And also because people may be able to correct false information or give additional information.
And also because people could give you more optimized, or otherwise better, versions of code.

There's literally no advantage to locking topics here.

alright, I understand. Thank you!