Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator v3 [Working on v3.1]  (Read 98982 times)

wont be on tmrw but will be for the next week.
looking forward to jetting around and experiencing the world

i'm going to be away until the thirtieth
if that's a problem feel free to strike me off the list, although i would love to test
I'll send you the files anyway just encase, it all depends how long the testing phase lasts.

hype
wont be on tmrw but will be for the next week.
looking forward to jetting around and experiencing the world
I'll be sending the files shortly, within the next few hours :)

Alpha testing is about to begin! Just some quick info regarding testing: this will focus not necessary on looking for bugs or issues (as most features are not done yet), but rather on feedback on how well the concept works so far. After migrating the scripts to the new setting-uploading system for dedicated servers, a lot of the other features are broken, so I need to fix them for the beta. Some features should be working fine in this version though, such as:
- Infinite and Finite terrain generation
- Normal and Flatland terrain
- Biomes and Details
- Boundaries
- Chunk saving and loading (although doesn't support adapting to different colorsets when loading just yet) - colorset conversion is included for chunk loading
- Caves to some extent
- Clouds

All of the GUIs I've shown off thus far are included, including the Chunk Manger - which allows you to edit chunks of terrain. All GUIs should work perfectly on both dedicated and normal servers, and adapt to when you change servers with different bricks, color and prints.

Another GUI I just finished this morning is called the Preset Manager, which allows you to save and load your GUI settings, as well as to restore default settings. When presets are saved, it also takes a screenshot of the terrain, for a reference when selecting a preset. Loaded presets will adapt to your current colorset, and prevents issues with missing bricks and prints:

Edit: Another feature included is the option to allow other players to upload their settings (if they are SuperAdmin) which can be toggled and is disabled by default.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:26:20 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

the hype is real, can't wait aaaaaaaaaaaa.

Alright, files for the add-on have been sent!

how do i open the gui

Are we allowed to host dedicated servers for this?

how do i open the gui
You can setup keybinds for opening the GUIs in your options menu, right now the Chunk Manager and Main GUI are supported.

Are we allowed to host dedicated servers for this?

Of course

i get a computer screen texture on modter bricks

I got a vent. It seems unless you set what the print is it will be something quite odd. Also if you try setting the color or texture of a biome it breaks it. The GUI set up is nice but without a tutorial mod it is dreadfully confusing.

Update on my testing experience: Biome select is broken, if you do not set up all custom biomes large swathes of red bricks shall spawn.

Update2: Apparently it is not biome select, turning on mountains in features does this.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:58:55 PM by Bester Bageler »

currently hosting a server, anyone can join if you want

Update on my testing experience: Biome select is broken, if you do not set up all custom biomes large swathes of red bricks shall spawn.
same

the same happens to me too, I can't stop red bricks from appearing

-pic-
I got a vent. It seems unless you set what the print is it will be something quite odd. Also if you try setting the color or texture of a biome it breaks it. The GUI set up is nice but without a tutorial mod it is dreadfully confusing.
There's not much I can do about the vent / computer texture, if you don't define one it uses the default print ID "0". I'm planning on adding a tutorial for the final release, this is just for testing core functions right now.

the same happens to me too, I can't stop red bricks from appearing
I think that's due to Custom Biome A overwriting the default biome, try disabling it in Features and see if that works.

Btw, not all the features are finished, this was meant to try the concept and see how it works.

can you add an option to set chunks to your ownership?