Procedural Terrain Generator v3 [Working on v3.1]

Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator v3 [Working on v3.1]  (Read 98977 times)

Thanks for the encouraging posts guys!

Could you imagine a tdm server on rotate with this? Totally randomized maps every single time!
Events and a function for managing the generator via gamemodes / scripts will both be included with the final release, so that's definitely a possibility. =)

Why is "resume" above "halt"?
I decided to organize it so that the two buttons for starting a routine are at the top. The Apply New button was changed to Apply & Start, so that once clicked it immediately starts generation, after uploading GUI settings; the Resume button will just start generation without uploading settings, so it was added underneath. The Halt and Clear buttons are still important, so they were added toward the bottom of the hierarchy.

Every time I look back on this I'm amazed.
Thank you so much for making this stuff man and for the memories in the past as well.

Every time I look back on this I'm amazed.
Thank you so much for making this stuff man and for the memories in the past as well.
No problem =) Lately this has become my passion; working with procedural generated content is quite exciting because these's so much you can do with it.

Small Update: The expansion option for the Complex GUI is done! The GUI was reorganized and simplified so that you can either expand the window using the button provided in the title bar, or or by dragging the edge of the window itself. The button option is recommended as it adjusts the sliders and some of the text list objects to accommodate the size, and has two different scale variants.

Other Changes:
- Kept client checks for server commands for remote console support
- Fixed overlaying the chunk grid for radial grids in previews
- Improved client message function to instead echo message in console if past host client is stored and attempting to message host
- Simplex GUI auto resets on first default load (also resets mass details list GUI)
- Fixed issue with loading prints for third party support
- Third party support function can now override other settings that are being uploaded at same time (to prevent conflicts)
- Added brand new, toggleable upload security measure to ensure only integer and float values are received from clients
- Fixed issue with saving and renaming presets when using "/" character in name
- Fixed issue with filling gaps in the dirt layer for terrain and other features (esp. when using smaller bricks and some ModTer bricks)
- Finalized dedicated server remote functionality (you need to join your server at least one before starting a routine)
- Auto-Fix button now appears for error messages when attempting to render landscape previews
- Improved noise issue auto-fixing
- Added Apply & Start button (to automatically start a routine after uploading settings) and Moved Apply New button
- Finished default presets
- Finished GUI graphics and added an option to expand the Complex GUI window
- Improved cloud ModTer generation
- Added an option to increase the generator's speed by 8% or 15%
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 11:36:29 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

If you put a guimltextctrl inside the window it will call ::onResize, so you could use that callback to update stuff after the window is resized

If you put a guimltextctrl inside the window it will call ::onResize, so you could use that callback to update stuff after the window is resized
Thanks, I tried something like that before, but I think it only works with the resize method. However, I added a function that only runs while the GUI is awake, and checks every second if the GUI window was resized, which seems to work quite well for automatically updating some of the objects.

Update: The Help GUI is finally done! Clicking a question mark icon in any of the GUIs will now open up another window that goes into detail regarding the options for that category. Also, I'm getting ready to send out the revised Pre-Release version, which includes bug fixes, the new Simplex GUI, a generation speed option, GUI expansion options and more. If any of the testers want to try it out let me know!

I wanna I wanna I wanna :D

The revised Pre-Release versions have been sent out! This is only for previous testers, however there are only a few things left to finish before the final release:

- Fix remaining issues with GUI previewing, build loading and boundaries
- Final polishing (clean up scripts, add credits, include descriptions for presets, and improve quality of some background images)
- Prevent certain bricks from generating underground / pillaring upwards
- Final testing on my server (prior to release)
- Investigate issue with the new duplicator
- Add a quick overview GUI and add final video tutorials / links in the Help GUI
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 02:47:06 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Once you release this, you'll definitely get the honour of making the best add-on of 2016.

My heart is pounding in my chest

BEST ADD ON OF ALL TIME!

It makes BL feel so epic

That looks fantastic. It could be a worthy replacement for old maps...