Commands Manager GUI [My First Add-On Ever]

Author Topic: Commands Manager GUI [My First Add-On Ever]  (Read 10607 times)

Yes, this is a commands manager GUI. What is that you ask? Its pretty much a Shortcut GUI to all of the commands I, and the people I ask, thought were the most useful.
It is pretty straight forward, but here are some images:

And unlike a previous Commands Manager, that screwed me over so many times, you have to confirm doing functions that can forget you over:

Commands that need a conformation are:
Clearbricks
Clear All Bricks
Clear Spam Bricks
Clear Bots
Clear Vehicles
Reload Bricks

I have also made it, so that when you do any of the commands, it will say it in your chat.

Being this is my only script, I have not gotten advanced enough to:
-Tell you if you have access to the command or not (If you are admin / SA)
-Tell you if the server has the tools (Fillcan / Dup / Fillprinter)
-Add options to tell you the command you did in chat

Regardless, this is my first script I have ever made, and I am quite happy with it. Tell me if you are happy with it, and tell me what I can improve on in the future:

DOWNLOAD

Versions:
1.1 - Removed my name from the header
(Sorry if the topic looks terrible. yet again, first add-on, hence first Add-On topic)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 06:15:08 PM by Dragonoid.Slayer »

Great first add-on. Good job drag(;

Code: [Select]
function b_clearbricks()
{
    messageBoxYesNo("Clear Bricks?", "Are you sure you want to <color:880000>Clear Your Bricks?", "do_clearbricks();");
}
The code could be so much more simple by using function arguments and having only one function:
function b_messageBox(%title, %message)
You can make use of one singular callback by setting a tagged field on the gui such as commandmanager.currentcommand and then using that to determine what function the user is trying to call.
Also, just a personal preference, don't sign your name on it, lol.

This is good for a first mod, though!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 04:27:55 PM by Akio »

Great first add-on. Good job drag(;
Good job
This is good for a first mod, though!
Thanks! :D
function b_clearbricks()
{
    messageBoxYesNo("Clear Bricks?", "Are you sure you want to <color:880000>Clear Your Bricks?", "do_clearbricks();");
}
The code could be so much more simple by using function arguments and having only one function:
function b_messageBox(%title, %message)
You can make use of one singular callback by setting a tagged field on the gui such as commandmanager.currentcommand and then using that to determine what function the user is trying to call.
Also, just a personal preference, don't sign your name on it, lol.
I knew there were easier ways to do this by having the functions kind of on the command line on the GUI buttons, but I would rather have had functions called through the GUI, so I can more easily edit the outcomes of the GUI. If that isnt what you mean by
so much more simple
then IDK what you mean.
And ill make it sothat my name isnt there

consider using the existing bitmap buttons, your square buttons are very visually unappealing

also don't put your name on the GUI, we understand that you made it but people don't want to see your name everytime they open a GUI

consider using the existing bitmap buttons, your square buttons are very visually unappealing

also don't put your name on the GUI, we understand that you made it but people don't want to see your name everytime they open a GUI
And ill make it sothat my name isnt there

Awesome job on your first add-on! Just decided to create a skin to make it a bit more appealing ! but not hate on your first addon!
Download
(Add-on comes packaged not just the gui file! -  Just drag and drop in add-ons Folder)
Screenshot:

**Didnt spend too much time on it but desided to make it alittle more appealing atleast.**
All scripting rights still go to Drag (Just a re-skin)!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 07:01:06 PM by Celimma »

Enough time to remove his name and add yours?

Enough time to remove his name and add yours?
Correct. if you dont like it remove it yourself sorry you dont approve :)

"cool you did this but i made it better because i am a better person!"

Not surprised that you would do something like this, Summet.

"cool you did this but i made it better because i am a better person!"

Not surprised that you would do something like this, Summet.
Asked drag for permission and everything i gave all rights to him so just thought i could make a skin for it.

I loving love you
How do you make addons
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 08:46:25 PM by Nom771 »

I loving love you
How do you make addons
get some crayons and some paper