Author Topic: Making a bow from scratch!  (Read 8990 times)

So I got a 21/32 on the project. A 20 is passing. I thought it deserved more, but I just got a VERY critical advisor who graded my project. The main thing was that I didn't cite enough sources even though I mostly went with my engineer's intuition.

So I got a 21/32 on the project. A 20 is passing. I thought it deserved more, but I just got a VERY critical advisor who graded my project. The main thing was that I didn't cite enough sources even though I mostly went with my engineer's intuition.
he needed a better demonstration

shoot him

making bows is easy

It's easy. All you need is three sticks and three pieces of yarn and you're set!
                    /
You make a |  with sticks, tie them together with two pieces of string and the third piece of string, you finish the bow, silly.
                    \

forgetin ell bruv I ain't even post a picture of the finished product hold on

Me and my mate made a crossbow out of scrap and it had a working trigger and it was sprig powered that we got off a trampoline, When you pressed the trigger it had a kickback.

Me and my mate made a crossbow out of scrap and it had a working trigger and it was sprig powered that we got off a trampoline, When you pressed the trigger it had a kickback.
That's pretty cool actually.

I finally got to test the mother forgeter today, and it was the quietest, fastest bow I think I've ever shot in my life. Until it broke again. It's difficult to explain why, but we're gonna fix it again and give it another shot. I do have a picture of me drawing it back.

Told y'all I was an assassin.

shoot your new girlfriend with it

Finally, I was able to upload some damn pictures! Here's a picture of me taking the first shot. I didn't pull the string completely back because I wanted to break it in a little bit.

Also relevant: my grandfather is sometimes a horrible photographer

your face says happy but your eyes say dead

how good was the shot

your face says happy but your eyes say dead

how good was the shot
It was everything you would want from a bow, besides a broken limb. It was very quiet, powerful, and pretty accurate. Very nice draw weight.

We fixed up the spot again with glue, and we're gonna armor the forget out of it even more. Then, it will be ready.

It was everything you would want from a bow, besides a broken limb. It was very quiet, powerful, and pretty accurate. Very nice draw weight.

We fixed up the spot again with glue, and we're gonna armor the forget out of it even more. Then, it will be ready.
...for shooting people?
you really ARE sounding like an assassin