[Fixed] Movie Mod

Author Topic: [Fixed] Movie Mod  (Read 7998 times)

What's this?
This add-on is something that I made to help the upcoming blockland film, but I decided to release it publically. It's a variety of different tools, packaged into one. The first and most prominent tool is the multiple cameras function. You can place cameras with /placeCam, and exit them with /exitCam. Each camera has a number, and you can use /useCam # to jump to that camera. For deleting cameras, you can either delete all of them with /clearCams or delete specific ones with /deleteCam #. For easy switching between cameras, you can assign keys to the love and hate emotes. If you press the love emote, you go to the camera that is one number lower than the current camera. If you press the hate one, you go one camera up.

There's also a 'dummy' actor system, which are just statues of yourself in whatever position, using your avatar. You can run around and make a bunch of dummies to make a scene look crowded without having to use actors. You can place dummies by using the light key. Do /deleteDummy while looking at a dummy to delete it, and /clearDummies to clear all the dummies.

Another feature is the instructions system. Basically, you can set a list of instructions that can be triggered one at a time. For example, you can have your first instruction be, "ActorName, walk towards Actor2." Then, the second instruction can be "ActorName, stop completely now." You start filming, and you press the confusion emote key (instruction button) and in chat pops up your first instruction. Now that ActorName is walking towards Actor2, when you want him to stop, press the button again and your second instruction, to stop, will go into the chat. To restart calling your instructions from the top, do /restartInstructions and to clear them do /clearInstructions. To add an instruction, do /addInstruction. To dump your instructions, do /dumpInstructions.

The final small feature is actor tags. Basically, people can set their clan tag to reflect what role they are playing with /setRole. Since there are a lot of hotkeys included within this mod, you can do /enableHotkeys and /disableHotkeys as an admin. All of this information is available in-game with the /movieHelp command.

This mod may be prone to updates if something is glitchy, or if we come across an obstacle while we're filming the new movie.

Download
Hot Fix: Some people are reporting that it isn't showing up in the add-ons list, so you should extract its contents into a folder named Server_Movies if it's not showing up.
Update 1: Fix some bugs and left over troubleshooting code. stuff, sorry.
Update 2: I think I fixed the problem, it had to do with the hosting service. I'm still leaving the hotfix up though.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 04:45:26 PM by Johnny Blockhead »

For some reason this Add-On is not showing up on the add-ons list.

For some reason this Add-On is not showing up on the add-ons list.
This happened to me when I installed the .zip version, but it would work when i made it a regular file. You can either do that or download the new version, which has a namecheck.txt. That seemed to have fixed it for me.

This happened to me when I installed the .zip version, but it would work when i made it a regular file. You can either do that or download the new version, which has a namecheck.txt. That seemed to have fixed it for me.
Nope, redownloaded it and for some reason is still not there.

This is really weird. I unzipped it, added namecheck, zipped it, and it worked. But when I redownload it from the new link (with namecheck), it doesn't work. The game isn't recognizing the filepath of Server_Movies/server.cs for some reason. Try unzipping it and just leaving it in a folder. I'm not exactly sure what's going on. Make sure the name is Server_Movies, not Server_Movies (1)

I'm pretty stumped, anyone smarter than me, do you know what's going on? Is anyone else running into the same problem?
Edit: Fixed.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 04:45:18 PM by Johnny Blockhead »

Why the cam section of this mod hasn't been made sooner I don't know why ...
This is going to extremely help with livestreaming events. Thanks.

Can dummies fire weapons?

Can dummies fire weapons?
No, they don't really do anything at all. Technically, they're corpses.

If you change your clothes will the already-placed dummies change too?

If you change your clothes will the already-placed dummies change too?
No, they don't change their avatar. This allows you to have dummies be multiple actors in the scene.