Simple Better AFK

Author Topic: Simple Better AFK  (Read 3538 times)

Hey, this is a simple add-on that allows you to type /afk so it signals the entire server that you are away. You can also type the command again to signal you're back. The thing that makes this different from other afk add-ons is that it also adds a floating sign above your head, with the letters AFK. This was requested here.

Download

If you want any features from other AFK add-ons, tell me.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 11:56:53 AM by Johnny Blockhead »

Many thanks. This is going to be great!

The returns are entirely useless. Returns are either to make a function return a value or to stop a function before something happens. But in your case, there's nothing to stop.

You should also check if the AFK sign is mounted to them before unMounting whatever is in that slot. Just in case it was changed by another script or something.

Is this ripped from Munk's server pack or no?

Is this ripped from Munk's server pack or no?
No.
The returns are entirely useless. Returns are either to make a function return a value or to stop a function before something happens. But in your case, there's nothing to stop.

You should also check if the AFK sign is mounted to them before unMounting whatever is in that slot. Just in case it was changed by another script or something.
Yeah, sorry. I made this add-on at 1am, and usually I just slap returns on things as a habit. For some reason it did cross my mind to check for that, but I don't know why I didn't do it. I updated the mod, thanks so much.

I have an idea for a new feature, I thought of a command you could say like /checkAFK Playername. When you type that down, it will give you statistics if the player is AFK or not. If he/she is, the message would say, "Playername is still AFK". If the player isn't, the command would say "Playername isn't AFK.

Why? Because if you couldn't find the player if you were in a minigame, but trying to contact him/her, you can just check the player's status instead!

Another one was from Munk's. Basically, the AFK message would loop for around whatever the RTB pref was set on minutes.

My last one is a RTB pref for turning the hat on or off. So if you say /afk, the message would only appear, but the hat will rely on the checkbox.

Those are pretty much what I have right now.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 01:00:00 PM by Spartan224 »

nah, the loop in chat is just useless and annoying

Perhaps add a server preference that toggles the loop chat

there should be a pref that adds an amount of time they have to be idle for afk to appear above their head.

nah, the loop in chat is just useless and annoying

Okay? Making it toggable would be a solution.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 08:52:47 PM by Spartan224 »

Okay then, I don't really care about your opinion. Still, making it toggable would be great though.
rude

This is a useful idea, though you should give players a reason to not have AFK on their head, like stopping movement and making them invincible.
Also is there a timeout for this?

Yeah I'm rude sorry.

Does anyone else have good ideas?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 06:11:02 PM by Spartan224 »

I think it would of been better if AFK was in Impact and it spun around.

I found a bug, as soon as someone gets out of AFK mode, they still have the hat equipped when it's supposed to be taken off.