-Pickup Express-: The game of delivery!-

Author Topic: -Pickup Express-: The game of delivery!-  (Read 2551 times)

The game of delivery!

What is this game about?
Essentially, this game is all about delivery within realism (to some extent, at least). In the game, you pickup delivery packages and drop them off at their correct location. The catch is that there will be other couriers out there with the same job as you, and will try to pick up the packages before you do! First person to have the most money at the end of the game wins.

Sounds simple, right? Nope.

Some other factors within the game include gasoline. Without gasoline, you can't get packages as fast or even get to your dropoff point in time. Their are gas stations placed all around the map for those who need to refuel, but it will cost you some of those hard-earned points.

There is also the fact that some vehicles are faster than others, and some can carry more or less packages at a time.

What is planned to be included..
  • 4 different maps with their own layout and soundtrack!
  • Different vehicles to choose from with their own stats to choose from.
  • Fuel, fuel, and more fuel!
  • VCE-controlled Zone Brick events to dictate/check the packages received, dropped off, and whether to receive payment!

Could I help out?
Of course you can! We need as much help as we can get!
Just fill out this form located Here and fill out the information. you will be notified if you've been accepted to help out.

Mod Contributions

Ze Operator (32660) - Lead Project Manager, Builder, Eventer, Music

Farad (47704) - Builder, Scripter, Modeler

Mod Progress
Gamemode: 1%
Models: 0.5%
Mechanics: 1%
Mapping: 15%
Vehicle Types: 100%
Music: 50%

FAQs
  • Q: Who exactly created this game?
    A: PickUp Express was created by Unique Development Studios, a swedish game company founded in 1993, but went bankrupt in 2004. This game in itself was about 50 MB in size, very low res 3D graphics, and there wasn't too much background information about it, or the company that created it.
  • Q: How will you try to improve the quality of the game if it was really good?
    A: Try to include more maps, more soundtrack variety, and any general improvements whatsoever.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 02:31:14 PM by Ze Operator »

Cool, I was planning to make a pizza delivery gamemode at some point. I'll help!

the image at the top of the op is kinda low res
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 01:02:39 PM by Farad »

Oh whaaat? "Delivery within realism?" Lame-o.
I was hoping for more of a Crazy Taxi approach.

But I guess that's just how the game this was based on worked.
How will the fule mechanic work? On road pick ups? Or are we going to have to pull over at a gas station and slowly pump gas?

Oh whaaat? "Delivery within realism?" Lame-o.
I was hoping for more of a Crazy Taxi approach.

But I guess that's just how the game this was based on worked.
How will the fule mechanic work? On road pick ups? Or are we going to have to pull over at a gas station and slowly pump gas?

The latter yes. In the original game, the player didn't really have an avatar aside from their own car, so yes, you would have to be near the gas station to pump the gas. I'm going to see what I can do to get around it though, maybe even certain deliveries yielding random gas canisters.

All things considered, the game was only realistic up to the point where the AI always chrashed or didn't navigate well, every time you chrashed your car never got dented.

We are talking about a low-res game here.

Sounds awesome. This is pretty creative.

Ze Operator (32660) - Lead Project Manager

That's an interesting title you gave yourself, haven't seen that one before

this would be great if the vehicle physics in blockland didn't suck ass
gotta figure out some way to prevent vehicle collisions from breaking everything. invisible bots as a barrier surrounding every car? or bot based cars...

Just have a reset function so if you going flying into the atmosphere you can respawn yourself.

These are some package models and a random power-up box I found on turbosquid (a website with 3d models):

Ooooh I remember this game! This can be a fun concept in Blockland!

Hah, I remember working on something like this for a CRPG a few years ago.  It was a lot of fun to make and play with, so enjoy!

The Citi would be the perfect car for the game.

Vehicle types checked and completed