Blockland Glass 4.2

Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 295187 times)

Totally awesome, The best part being that it's community made. That way we can expect to have something basically flawless. Keep up the awesome work, i look forward to the future of this project.

Good thing I bumped this, it was well needed.

Ok. I have addons I made that I want to upload to the mod manager but there are no sections for Decals or Sounds. Wtf?

Ok. I have addons I made that I want to upload to the mod manager but there are no sections for Decals or Sounds. Wtf?

Put decals under prints, sounds are questionable but Jincux has said that he doesn't want to deal with people violating copyright by uploading music so he left it out.

Also I think it would be a good idea to reduce the number of moderators needed to approve a mod from 5 to 3.

This is far nicer than my vehicle topics that keep dying because I update so infrequently. Very happy to see a mod manager again.

I'd be cool if reviewers could leave comments on add-ons in the reviewing section of that add-on.

sounds are questionable but Jincux has said that he doesn't want to deal with people violating copyright by uploading music so he left it out.
well how is that any different from people posting soundpacks on blf or (previously) on RTB? ephi and badspot were both more than willing to take whatever risk there was. rtb's ran for years and never got into copyright trouble with the countless soundpacks people uploaded to it. i mean if we were talking about music loops here i would understand, but come on, its soundpacks... theyre a pretty important part of blockland too. also consider the fact that like 95% of all soundpacks dont have copyrighted music in them and are just simple sound effects that literally no one would or would want to take legal action over.

surely there must be something you can do...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 09:27:52 AM by Planr »

It was just music that I was concerned about, and RTB had the same policy actually. I'll look in to adding a sound board when I get a chance.

this is pretty neat, but last night none of the pages were loading in-game so i couldn't nab anything. i'll try again today, we had a big storm so it might have been my internet

I'll help you review files if you want.

You should probably make it so that you can't set the add-on as a required add-on for itself.

digging everything except website layout

Thanks for the sudden support from everyone. To be perfectly honest, after the service wasn't adopted and seemed about dead, I was ready to conclude that the community just had no true interest in a mod manager. I was clearly wrong, as the number of total downloads through the service has increased by 40% in the past week.

Congrats to Crown and Swollow as new add-on reviewers. For everyone interested, after you upload two add-ons, a prompt should appear on your "My Add-Ons" page which leads you to an application to become a reviewer. I select them based off of both the quality of the add-ons they've uploaded and the amount I've seen them active in Modification boards here on the forums (I've spent essentially 5 years lurking a whole lot).

digging everything except website layout
Same. I'm terrible with web design, I'm planning a site re-skin for sometime probably late fall or winter.

You should probably make it so that you can't set the add-on as a required add-on for itself.
Will do.

this is pretty neat, but last night none of the pages were loading in-game so i couldn't nab anything. i'll try again today, we had a big storm so it might have been my internet
It's likely my end. The service provider has become rather unreliable lately, I'm going to look in to my other options.

Just some useful links for anyone interested in the project:

GitHub issue tracking

Glass Development Topic

The only reason people weren't using it much was:
You need to advertise this a bit more so it actually gets used.

If I get this will it change my main menu style? Because I really didn't like how Glass looked before hence why I never got it before.

I also keep thinking this is connected to the user Glass even when I know it isn't...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 09:13:13 AM by Mr.Noßody »