Author Topic: [FIXED] New Sound Effects!  (Read 4777 times)

Hey! This is my first add-on. It isn't much, but I really like it. Please check the text document from the download to tell you how to install it.

Now in mono! :)

What is it?
This add-on gets rid of those annoying cartoon sounds.

How?
It replaces those annoying sounds with better, more realistic (and satisfying) sound effects.

Sound effects
What was changed? (So far)

Breaking a brick: Now makes a more realistic crumbling noise.

Turning your flashlight on / off: Now sounds more like... A flashlight! Big surprise!

Jumping: A more realistic, concrete jump.

Fast / Slow impacts: A big / quiet thud.

Water Splash: Sounds more realistic.

Admin joining: Royal Annoying Orangeets!

Person banned: Cartman yells: "How would you like to suck my balls!?" (I know you read it in his voice)
I didn't include footsteps.  :panda: It would be annoying to listen to after a while. (I believe)
Also because I'm too lazy to code it. :)

Pix for clix! (Demo)
https://youtu.be/DEo46072RRk

And finally! The download link.
https://hostr.co/7VZo39BxpPOy

So Far
Thank you all for the feedback, now has more sounds that are all mono.  :cookieMonster:

Note: Rarely works on other servers. Use on your own server for the best experience.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 07:05:12 AM by Local Disk (C:) »

For some reason, the video is private. I'm downloading this anyway.

Edit: I like the sounds, keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 03:20:44 PM by Spartan224 »

Great solid sounds. Though i have to point out that 44100 hz is a pretty high project rate, just remember that clients have to download these sounds in order to hear them on a server, so the larger the project rate is (Hz) the longer the file will take to download. I usually export in 22050 Hz or 32000 (But thats pushing it a little). Also remember that having these in stereo format will make it so all clients hear the sound at the same amplification no matter the distance. If you want the sounds to fade out export them in Mono format.

Other wise 10/10 for a first add-on

Great solid sounds. Though i have to point out that 44100 hz is a pretty high project rate, just remember that clients have to download these sounds in order to hear them on a server, so the larger the project rate is (Hz) the longer the file will take to download. I usually export in 22050 Hz or 32000 (But thats pushing it a little). Also remember that having these in stereo format will make it so all clients hear the sound at the same amplification no matter the distance. If you want the sounds to fade out export them in Mono format.

This isn't server sided, it's a client side mod so only you will hear things differently.

This isn't server sided, it's a client side mod so only you will hear things differently.
Alright, just wasnt sure. In this case it is good that you keep them stereo.

For some reason, the video is private. I'm downloading this anyway.

Edit: I thought it would've been better, I do like the jump sound anyway.

Video is now public. Sorry about that!

i might still have a blockland soundpack that i made somewhere

It says it wont let me access file because it might contain spyware or a virus. Help? I dont have a virus protection thing.

To me the jump sounds like every bone in their body is breaking and destroying bricks is like a bunch of rocks falling in a river.

Not for me, tanks.

To me the jump sounds like every bone in their body is breaking and destroying bricks is like a bunch of rocks falling in a river.

Not for me, tanks.

Are you sure the sound effects sound the same as in the video above?

To me the jump sounds like every bone in their body is breaking
wat

The light sound is like a car's blinker, lol.

The breaking bricks sound is stereo, so it'll sound exactly the same no matter how far you are, as long as you're close enough for the sound to be played. Might wanna change it to mono so the sound fades.

The light sound is like a car's blinker, lol.

The breaking bricks sound is stereo, so it'll sound exactly the same no matter how far you are, as long as you're close enough for the sound to be played. Might wanna change it to mono so the sound fades.

Try downloading the new file. Now includes more sound effects, all are mono.

nice for a first add-on (if it is)
pretty creative, but the sounds are a bit unfitting
I support this, I might make some sound themer add-on once I figure out how